đź”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Ă—
JulyDiaz

Episode 174.5 - Minisode 174.5

I look like I would be so static-y.

I don’t know, I find that you can be quite... “shocking.”

• Like 2

I look like I would be so static-y.

Just a giant living balloon rubbing a furry cat. It should be shooting lightning in every direction.

• Like 5

Cam Bert - I was gonna say "Don't Stop Me Now" too and a different Muse song, "Starlight."

That's good too. I had another two songs of theirs shortlisted as well but wanted to keep it one song per band.

I wish there was a playlist that would motivate me to vacuum more often. If someone has any song recommendations for that, please let me know.

I find the songs that help me clean are just any songs that makes me want to dance. So if there any particular songs that make you want to move your groove thing try putting those on and channeling that urge to dance into vacuuming.

• Like 3

I enjoy shaking “my groove thing true.” When I dance, it is a thing of wonder and beauty.

• Like 1

I enjoy shaking “my groove thing true.” When I dance, it is beautiful sight to behold.

This is what I get for trying to type on my autocorrect phone. Also here is video of Cameron H dancing.

Jimmy-Pesto-Jr-Dancing-Gif.gif?ssl=1

• Like 4

This is what I get for trying to type on my autocorrect phone. Also here is video of Cameron H dancing.

Jimmy-Pesto-Jr-Dancing-Gif.gif?ssl=1

Not your fault, but you can see how the composition of my edited post is so much better, right? Like, 110% funnier.

Also, that’s totally my dance mojo. I’m glad it’s out there for the world to see.

• Like 1

Not your fault, but you can see how the composition of my edited post is so much better, right? Like, 110% funnier.

Also, that’s totally my dance mojo. I’m glad it’s out there for the world to see.

Oh I agree. Also 110% more Shakespearean.

• Like 1

Oh I agree. Also 110% more Shakespearean.

Shakespeare? You mean the guy who wrote Romeo and Juliet? Neat-o!

• Like 2

Holy shit I forgot how terrible this movie was. The graphics alone are like they are from 1992 when CGI was kinda starting to be in movies and why the hell did the opening credits have fake comic covers splayed everywhere, except for making a short lived anime series in Japan a couple years after it came out?

• Like 4

I think they should've just straight up animated both Ultraviolet and Aeon Flux. I know American audiences don't really go out for adult orientated animated movies, but if everything but the actors onscreen is fake... Not saying both movies still wouldn't have been messes, but at least they would have been visually coherent.

As for pump up songs:

And I have a lot of Power Glove in my mix,

• Like 3

Holy shit I forgot how terrible this movie was. The graphics alone are like they are from 1992 when CGI was kinda starting to be in movies and why the hell did the opening credits have fake comic covers splayed everywhere, except for making a short lived anime series in Japan a couple years after it came out?

I am watching it now and, holy shit, it is INFURIATINGLY BAD. I am physically angry at how fucking stupidly terrible this movie is.

giphy.gif

• Like 4

I am watching it now and, holy shit, it is INFURIATINGLY BAD. I am physically angry at how fucking stupidly terrible this movie is.

giphy.gif

It’s not even crazy, it’s just boring.

• Like 2

I'm only 35 minutes in but why is literally everything CG or airbrushed to hell? Milla Jovovich's face is so soft in shots that her face blends in with her hair.

I thought that maybe Ultraviolet was based on an obscure comic I had never heard of because of the opening credits.

• Like 3

I Googled this movie last week, saw the poster and decided this was one I was just going to listen to the podcast about and wasn't going to actually see. Reading your reviews makes me feel proud of myself.

• Like 4

I'm only 35 minutes in but why is literally everything CG or airbrushed to hell? Milla Jovovich's face is so soft in shots that her face blends in with her hair.

I thought that maybe Ultraviolet was based on an obscure comic I had never heard of because of the opening credits.

IT ISN’T?!? What the fuck was that all about?

• Like 1

giphy.gif

I was hoping it would be kind of fun like Underworld or Resident Evil, but this is just bad.

• Like 2

IT ISN’T?!? What the fuck was that all about?

There is a line in IMDB trivia which says he he was inspired to make the opening comic montage it because the writer/director "always wanted to make a comic book movie" even though it is not based on a comic. The trivia is fascinating to read and probably written by the writer/director because it goes way into too much detail about the story and technology of the world.

• Like 1

I Googled this movie last week, saw the poster and decided this was one I was just going to listen to the podcast about and wasn't going to actually see. Reading your reviews makes me feel proud of myself.

It’s not that it’s bad, it’s just not very good. It’s, like, juuuuust crazy enough to justify an episode. Honestly, I suspect the forums will either be pretty quiet next week or wildly off topic. And I only say that because most of the things to discuss (like effects and wooden acting) are better discussed verbally rather than written out in a post. Other than that, the movie is tediously straight forward.

• Like 2

There is a line in IMDB trivia which says he he was inspired to make the opening comic montage it because the writer/director "always wanted to make a comic book movie" even though it is not based on a comic. The trivia is fascinating to read and probably written by the writer/director because it goes way into too much detail about the story and technology of the world.

“I want to do a comic book movie, so I’ll make up a pretend comic book” is crazier than anything in the actual movie.

• Like 1

If this was at least based on a comic book I could forgive the erratic jumps in storytelling as the director assuming watchers had read the books.

• Like 1

It’s not that it’s bad, it’s just not very good. It’s, like, juuuuust crazy enough to justify an episode. Honestly, I suspect the forums will either be pretty quiet next week or wildly off topic. And I only say that because most of the things to discuss (like effects and wooden acting) are better discussed verbally rather than written out in a post. Other than that, the movie is tediously straight forward.

I think "tedious" is the exact write word. The movie is as blank and uninteresting as the washed-out faces of its characters. Hell, even the fight choreography is like if a network TV executive saw Kill Bill and said, "do these fights exactly... but as if they were choreographed by Mike Pence."

• Like 2