🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 78 — G the D a C

He's back! Paul F. Tompkins, the suited gentleman you all know and love, has returned to the chartist's chair and ready to dish on The Billboard Digital Singles Chart, The Movie Chart, and a fancy game of P.T. Chart Darts. Paul advises Howard on his television watching, his lip chapping, and we ruminate on the joys of kissing and being kissed. You should g this e an l.

Last night I was walking down the street and someone pulled up to a stoplight blasting music. I just heard "so call me maybe, ahnd all the oth-er boys" and then they took off. It was a magical moment.

who charted fucking cutting loose and going crazy...what does a borsch castle look like?

YES! PFT! Also, maybe it's just that everyone in my life is pretty Game of Thrones obsessed currently but I manage to keep most characters straight.

Um, 6 minutes in and a Super specific X-Men reference? Sold. (Here are my zero dollars)

• Like 1

Lived in Baltimore (Baltimurdah) for four years and Hammahjacks was a great place to summah ... until they shut it down in '05 because it was incredibly dangerous/underage drinking was rampant.

New entries for the Chartionary:

• Digi-alb
  • Wikipeteor
  • Charnaball

Ku and PFT have such good chemistry and they make each other really giggly which made me giggly

5 MORE APPEARANCES! 5 MORE APPEARANCES!

• Like 3

Kulap and PFT have the best chemistry. And by best, I mean second only to Kulap and Scott. Welp, I'm off to write my Earwolf fanfics.

• Like 3

Me'thinks PFT's initializing habit may have been inspired by his recent Dead Author's Podcast with PG Wodehouse who frequently initialized select nouns in this stories. For example, Bertie Wooster eats breakfasts of E and B and likes to unwind in the afternoon with a strengthening G and T and so forth.

Sometimes it is unbelieveable how charming this podcast can be. This is one of those weeks.

On the subject of hands...Has anyone checked out Liam Neeson's hands in "The Grey"? It's like he has a fist full of big toes. >_>

Good episode but the Chernobyl jokes fall flat since it's in Ukraine, not Russia.

Good episode but the Chernobyl jokes fall flat since it's in Ukraine, not Russia.

Ukraine didn't declare independence from Russia until 1991. The Chernobyl shit happened in '86. BOOM!

• Like 1

Ukraine didn't declare independence from Russia until 1991. The Chernobyl shit happened in '86. BOOM!

And the movie and the jokes stemming from it are based on the location in present day.

!!!

I'd have set the table if I had known someone was about to get served.

• Like 2

None more appearances, please. The first post should be revised to read "Paul F. Tompkins, the suited gentleman you all know and love, has returned"

Yes, there's always plenty of energy with Paul, but it rarely seems genuine. It feels more like refocused contempt for the audience. I'm not a hater, and I don't think I'm projecting here, I just get a vibe from him like he doesn't really enjoy what he's doing. And it was disapoining to see him come up again when there are so many other funny people who have yet to be on, like:

Weird Al

Chelsea Peretti

Aziz Ansari

Patton Oswalt

Maria Bamford

Jon Glaser

Morgan Murphy

Kristen Schaal

Joe Mande

Donald Glover

John Mulaney

Kurt Braunohler

Jerry Minor

Tig Notaro

Rich Fulcher

Dino Stamatopoulos

Reggie Watts

Demetri Martin

Peter Serafinowicz

Hannibal Buress

Jon Benjamin

Myq Kaplan

Eugene Mirman

Leo Allen

Kevin Nealon

A.D. Miles

Aisha Tyler

Todd Glass

either of The Sklar Brothers

None more appearances, please. The first post should be revised to read "Paul F. Tompkins, the suited gentleman you all know and love, has returned"

Yes, there's always plenty of energy with Paul, but it rarely seems genuine. It feels more like refocused contempt for the audience. I'm not a hater, and I don't think I'm projecting here, I just get a vibe from him like he doesn't really enjoy what he's doing. And it was disapoining to see him come up again when there are so many other funny people who have yet to be on, like:

I'm pretty sure you're projecting, although it is entirely possible that you are picking up on Mr. Tompkins' contempt for you specifically, and not for the audience at large.

With regards to your list of "funny people who have yet to be on": probably a third of those on the list are based on a different coast; at least two are based on a different continent; and two are network TV stars -- it should not surprise you when Howard and Kulap are unable to snap their fingers and make them materialize in the Earwolf Studios. Not to mention that everyone on that list is a successful comedy performer and/or writer, and are generally pretty busy performing and/or writing.

Also, one of those "funny people who have yet to be on" has, in fact, been on. I'll leave that one to you to figure out.

• Like 4

Could not agree with Russ Never Sleeps more. If every single show had PFT on every single week, I would listen to them all twice. He is the BEST guest on any podcast and I think Earwolf owes a lot of their success to his semi-constant presence on the network.

In closing, please don't get drunk and fight each other on Earwolf message boards.

• Like 3

Yes, there's always plenty of energy with Paul, but it rarely seems genuine. It feels more like refocused contempt for the audience. I'm not a hater, and I don't think I'm projecting here, I just get a vibe from him like he doesn't really enjoy what he's doing.

What the fuck are you talking about?

• Like 3

Paul F. Tompkins having "contempt for the audience" might be the most off-base opinion I've heard this year. He arguably had more enthusiasm for the podcast than either host, going so far as to tell them to not underestimate the joy in what they do. PFT resonates joy in what he does.

• Like 3

I will give PFT a proper nicholas name.

Suit, Suit, Suiteo. WAH OOO!