🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
firsttimecallerlongtimelistenr

halloween suggestions

so its just over a month now to Halloween and with rhinestone already recorded and LOL and glitter recorded this weekend the gang must be starting to line up this years special .. any suggestions for it?

gotta say i loved the sleepaway camp and Halloween 3 episodes so i cant wait for this years

My top 5 suggestions would be

Friday the 13th Part 5 - tried to be a comedy but isnt funny, tried to be a horror but wasnt scary, tried to be a Friday the 13th movie...but without Jason. Has notable lines like "This shitbox is gross", "crap my ass!" "you big dildo, eat yer fucking slop.", its classy.

Friday the 13th Part 3 - In this touching tale, Jason gets his iconic mask...by randomly deciding to take it from one of the worst characters ever who just happened to have it for no reason. Also has the worst biker gang ever, the worst hippies ever, and its in crappy 80s TTTHHHRRREEE DDD!!!!!

My Bloody Valentine (1981) - whats more horrifying than a podunk Canadian mining town, full of stupid kids full of beer and angst, at the scariest time of year...Valentines Day.

Frogs - as the title implies its a horror movie about frogs...giant killer frogs? nope, just regular ol frogs. The frogs do nothing, btw. They score 0 kills of their own, pose no threat, and do nothing the entire movie, why is this movie called Frogs? Also, has a mustache-less Sam Elliot.

After Last Season - I dont even know what the fuck. Might not be interesting to watch (its like if Tommy Wiseau made a syfi original movie with a budget which just about covered the cost of a license for Powerpoint), but could be interesting trying to make sense of it.

• Like 2

Razor Blade Smile, a low-budget British rip-off of Underworld with more lesbian sex, nudity, gunplay, and a ludicrous ending which is akin to a WWF-style Heel-Turn. Oh, and vampires.

It's absolute rubbish.

• Like 1

The new reboot of Leprechaun is absolute garbage, from what I hear. Haven't seen it yet, but I'm looking for an excuse to subject myself to it.

Razor Blade Smile, a low-budget British rip-off of Underworld with more lesbian sex, nudity, gunplay, and a ludicrous ending which is akin to a WWF-style Heel-Turn. Oh, and vampires.

It's absolute rubbish.

pretty sure it was released years before underworld but yeah its terrible

Frogs - as the title implies its a horror movie about frogs...giant killer frogs? nope, just regular ol frogs. The frogs do nothing, btw. They score 0 kills of their own, pose no threat, and do nothing the entire movie, why is this movie called Frogs? Also, has a mustache-less Sam Elliot.

just watched the trailer for frogs ... the frogs just seem to be hanging around doing frog stuff whilst everyone's dying and yet there getting the blame for everything ... unless they're like hypno-toad or something. might give it a watch. i think the whole thing is on youtube

but that "after last season" thing looks pure shite though .. think ill skip it

pretty sure it was released years before underworld but yeah its terrible

I think you're right, I just remember reacting really quite violently to it. I think I saw Underworld before this....

I'm still holding out hope for the homoerotic delight that is A Nightmare on Elm Street Part 2.

• Like 2

forget vampires of brooklyn.

lets do Monkey Shines!

Other then Mike Myers on Saturday night live making fun of this movie, I don't think I've ever really seen this.

• Like 1

I mentioned this in the original thread for Monkey Shines in the "bad movie recommendations" sub-forum, but it bears repeating: please read the plot synopsis in Monkey Shine's wikipedia page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkey_Shines#Plot_summary). One of many highlights: "The film contains a rare example of an intimate love scene with a severely handicapped protagonist."

Am I the only one that loves the Wes Craven's "Shocker"? It's such a weird flick in that the first half seems to be a completely different type of film from the second half, where it goes from being about a hunt for a pretty brutal serial killer that murders entire families to a supernatural body-jumping flick. Peter Berg has dreams about where the murders will take place because it's a Wes Craven movie, and then that kind of goes away when he starts communicating with his dead girlfriend instead. It has one of my favorite soundtracks from when I was a kid, highlighted by the Megadeth cover of Alice Cooper's "No More Mr. Nice Guy". Anyway, I don't think this movie gets talked about as much as it should, good or bad.

Am I the only one that loves the Wes Craven's "Shocker"? It's such a weird flick in that the first half seems to be a completely different type of film from the second half, where it goes from being about a hunt for a pretty brutal serial killer that murders entire families to a supernatural body-jumping flick. Peter Berg has dreams about where the murders will take place because it's a Wes Craven movie, and then that kind of goes away when he starts communicating with his dead girlfriend instead. It has one of my favorite soundtracks from when I was a kid, highlighted by the Megadeth cover of Alice Cooper's "No More Mr. Nice Guy". Anyway, I don't think this movie gets talked about as much as it should, good or bad.

it's got Mitch Pileggi from the Xfiles in it.

I remember this movie being very difficult to watch. What I mean by that is it's boring. same can be said about most of these movie picks..

is this the

I love HDTGM halloween episodes! Between Sleepaway Camp and Halloween 3, there are usually some brilliant moments.

• Like 2

Four words: Directed by Stephen King.

i hate the movie and I love the trailer, I guess i like Stephen King, not matter what he does.

I kinda want them to do Gothika. I admit that I haven't seen this movie in probably a decade, but I remember it was like if M. Night Shamalan had directed Shutter Island

• Like 1

I think all of these suggestions are very worthy of being HDTGM-ed.

As for me, and I know this probably won't be a popular suggestion as it is not a "true" horror movie, but I would love to hear them discuss The Monster Squad. This is one of those movies I loved as a kid, only to realize as an adult that it was pretty terrible. If you are a person who has never seen this movie, do yourself a favor and check it out. Think less-charming Goonies vs. Universal monsters. It includes all the wonderful eighties movie hallmarks such as: casual racism (one person dies, so of course he's black) and horny pre-teens (the so-called "cool" kid is hilarious).

If not this, then I would also throw my hat in for the remake of The Haunting with Liam Neeson. So, so dumb...

Speaking of Underworld, has anyone else seen I, Frankenstein? Holy cow! I was watching it and was thinking, "Damn, this is just like Underworld." Turns out, same writer. Talk about one note....he basically plagiarized himself.

It's even got Bill Nighy in it playing pretty much the same character.

God it was terrible....

Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers - Paul Rudd is a grown up Tommy Doyle who does some excellent 90s movie computer sleuthing to figure out that Michael Myers is actually a member of an ancient Mesopotamian cult.

OR

Halloween: Resurrection - Easily the best Busta Rhymes kung fu movie, probably of all time

• Like 1