๐Ÿ”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ร—
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 97.5 โ€” Minisode 97.5

Our next movie is a remake of a critically acclaimed French film that stars Miley Cyrus and was basically buried. Paul goes through some Corrections and Omissions for both Rhinestone AND some more for Monkey Shines. Then, Paul debuts a new theme song for Would Nicolas Cage Make This Movie Better before getting into viewer mail where he answers your Qs about George Lucas, Tyler Perry, the talk with your parents, the future, and much more. Be sure to help Paul with The Sylvester Stallone Podcast (available at www.wolfpop.com) by asking Sylvester Stallone questions to askstallone@gmail.com!

Seeing as LOL is the next film, can we use the epic thread in the "Bad Movie Recommendations" forum as the episode thread?

ย 

http://forum.earwolf...opic/10739-lol/

ย 

It's like an entire alternate episode to go along with it, so, if you're not going to watch the movie (I am suffering from PTSD from it, but, if you're from the UK like I am, it's still on Netflix), then go to that thread, some really funny stuff in there.

• Like 5

LOL? It's like Christmas came early! Actually, I guess this would technically be the Thanksgiving episode. Somehow that feels entirely appropriate...

• Like 5

Oh finally! I remember seeing the boards BLOW. UP. for the "Glitter" episode because people were furious they watched this, haha! I can't wait to hear how Jason reacts to it xD I can't wait to hear how the All-Stars reacted to it xD

Oh finally! I remember seeing the boards BLOW. UP. for the "Glitter" episode because people were furious they watched this, haha! I can't wait to hear how Jason reacts to it xD I can't wait to hear how the All-Stars reacted to it xD

ย 

LOL has created the longest thread on the HDTGM boards, about a month before the episode. That's how insane this movie is. It's pretty much an alternative episode, including a "Second Opinions".

• Like 4

"What an amazing time for classics - and this could have been one!

If it were totally rewritten... And possibly recast... And probably differently directed" - Paul Scheer

ย 

lol. This line was classic :)

• Like 1

Even the TRAILER sounds painful!

ย 

You have no idea! I thought I had purged myself from this dreck, then I heard that damn song again and it all came crashing back.

I am assuming this is not a biopic of Godley & Creme guitarist and music video pioneer Lol Creme?

ย 

You have no idea! I thought I had purged myself from this dreck, then I heard that damn song again and it all came crashing back.

ย 

We'll never fully rid ourselves of it.

ย 

When you throw a stone into a lake, it causes ripples. But those ripples in the water soon go away, so whilst other people won't know what happened, the stone will always be there. That's what it's like for us, whilst we project an outward impression that we're fine, we have deep, psychological marks of chickens and Shit Dicks.

• Like 2

Oh god, I had forgotten that Miley needed some serious nasal irrigation for the VO. The director never thought to tell her to go blow her fucking nose in the middle of recording it?

I am assuming this is not a biopic of Godley & Creme guitarist and music video pioneer Lol Creme?

ย 

damn... I thought it was about the founding drummer and keyboardist for the Cure, Lol Tolhurst.

• Like 1

That theory about Rhinestone taking place in an alternate universe where recorded music doesn't exist also explains June's comment about Sly's performance of Tutti Frutti, and how it sounds like he's not hearing the song correctly. In world where definitive recordings of Tutti Frutti and Old MacDonald don't exist, maybe it's a Nell-type situation where his character just learned those songs from somebody with severe hearing and/or speech issues.

• Like 1

ย 

ย 

damn... I thought it was about the founding drummer and keyboardist for the Cure, Lol Tolhurst.

I thought it was a "Wings" spin-off starring Thomas Hayden Church.

LOL? It's like Christmas came early! Actually, I guess this would technically be the Thanksgiving episode. Somehow that feels entirely appropriate...

ย 

it's the thanksgiving episode but I hope you enjoy chicken and not turkey.

ย 

This weeks show is sponsored by

chickens.

ย 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgSKwM6YRNY

• Like 2

Miley Cyrus always sounds like she's got a cold.

ย 

You can't tell me a flat, stuffy, toneless voice like that could carry a tune without a whole heap of studio trickery.

• Like 3

On a completely, 100% unrelated note, I was just watching Zodiac and was surprised to see June show up. When I first saw her I had to rewind to make sure I wasn't imagining it.

• Like 2

Can I just say how long and hard I've tried to get Scott Aukerman to ever say "Vajayjay Leno" and then it was so easy for Paul?

ย 

I'm so excited right now.

• Like 1

Seeing as LOL is the next film, can we use the epic thread in the "Bad Movie Recommendations" forum as the episode thread?

ย 

http://forum.earwolf...opic/10739-lol/

ย 

ย 

I totally second that...

ย 

Break out the thanksgiving webcam and chicken!!! ;) Huzzah!!!

ย 

ย 

P.S. : Bonus image ENJOY!

ย 

10533419_10152651121742559_6366373370798198170_n.jpg?oh=5b2d0817967dbdc38344c1edf2ced985&oe=551D6C7B&__gda__=1423518656_d5693f076a9f28b440b97609ef1d1002

• Like 6

Sign in to follow this