🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
CraigHowe

We will miss you Harris

This makes me so, so sad. It feels ridiculous tearing up over someone I don't even know, but Harris was just so damn funny. More importantly, he seemed like a really great person who was loved and appreciated by the comedy community. Personally, whenever anyone asks me who my favorite comedian is, I always say Harris Wittels. If they don't know who I'm talking about, I just show them some foam and then it all makes sense.

To the Earwolf community, and obviously Harris' family, my condolences go out to you. Rest in peace, Foamy.

• Like 21

I am going to genuinely miss him so much and I've never met him. I feel like after listening to so many hours and hours of him talking that I really got to know him, sort of, you know? He never had to be mean or put people down to be funny, had so much heart, and every time he popped up on CBB or a new episode of Analyze Phish came out or whatever it would make my day so SO much better.

• Like 15

Was quite a blow to read about this a few minutes ago, still can't believe it really. I've been a long time listener to Earwolf so I had gotten quite familiar with Harris and he was always a welcome addition to any podcast he co-hosted or was a guest on. I created this account here on the forums solely to comment on this because I was so shocked by this I had to see how the earwolf community was handling this also. He will be greatly missed

• Like 9

He was only 30-years-old and had accomplished quite a lot in such a small amount of time. It bothers me to think of all that potential suddenly vanishing. The ripples will be felt in this community for years, I'm sure.

• Like 8

I just relistened to the U Talkin' U2 To Me? Commentary Special yesterday, where they joked about hearing that he died after the episode they did. About an hour ago, I was looking at the trending topics on facebook and saw "Harris Wittels" and thought "Hm, what's he up to?" and then I saw the word "dies" and I froze, mouth agape. I tried looking at it again, hoping I had misread it. This fucking kills me. I wish this was a joke, and that I could wake up and he'd still be here. We miss you, Harris

• Like 8

This sucks more than many things. I imagine, the person he was, he wouldn't want a bunch of sappy stuff, but mourning a comedian is one of the more emotionally complicated things I can imagine. This sucks.

Goodbye, Foam Corner. May your bubbles never pop.

• Like 11

Harris has made me laugh this year so much and I am absolutely devastated by this. I discovered Earwolf about a year ago and listening to Harris on so many shows the past year made him feel like a friend.

Thanks for the laughs Harris

• Like 7

nothing else to do but be mad at the whole of existence

captain ahab said it best: talk not to me of blasphemy; I'd strike the sun if it insulted me

• Like 10

I have loved Harris since I first heard him on an early episode of Comedy Bang Bang. The Foam Corner was brilliant. Don't Stop or We'll Die is still one of my favorite bands. Farts and Procreation! I'm still mad that I didn't come up with this joke first:

Whenever I'm playing baseball and am about to cum, I just try to think about sex.

R.I.P. Harris Wittels

• Like 15

Harris is one of those comedy guys I always dream about going to LA and just hanging out with. He seemed so nice and was always so hilarious and upbeat that you know the guy didn't leave that bad of a mark on anybody. It's gonna be hard to go back and listen to his old CBB appearances now, but it's impossible to not because he was involved with so many of their best and goofiest episodes. RIP Foamy.

• Like 11

I created an account just to give my condolences. He was so great, so young, this is so sad.

This isn't a joke, this is in seriousness, I want a place to mail foam corners to, or something, just to express our sorrow.

• Like 10

Creak, slam, sit.

What a great personality and hysterical character Harris Wittels was. Truly can't believe the foam corner is closed, and our journey through the cosmos (sorry) has been ended. Words can't express how much Harris meant to me. Genuinely sad this evening.

• Like 10

Why did Harris have to die? He was so young. So fucking funny. He was a big part of my life with his podcasts. I am sick. Earwolf will never be the same...

• Like 9

I just can not fuckng believe this. I can't even imagine how those close to him are feeling. As shaken up as I am over this, what they must be going through is unfathomable. He contributed so much to CBB and Earwolf, can they even go on after this?

• Like 8

I am still in shock after hearing the news, something about this feels really personal. I was reading about Harris and someone mentioned Foam Corner, then it reality really hit me. Fuck.

• Like 5

This is real sad and strange and confusing.

I was feeling sorry for myself and listening to old U Talkin' U2 to Me podcasts to try and sleep and then I saw the news. I tried writing something on this board and Scott Aukerman was joking on the podcast I was listening to about how, if they died after the episode was release, he hoped people would hear how happy he, Adam Scott, and PFT were goofing around...I don't know.

He was 30 and had already done so much.

• Like 7

Really feeling for Scott, Ku, Howard and all those who clearly loved him so much.

Dude brought a lot of sunshine into my life. Into so many lives.

• Like 11

Damn it. Harris Wittels made a lot of days better for me, made Comedy Bang-Bang better by his presence. My heart goes out to those who actually knew him, and are no doubt hurting a lot right now.

I just wish he'd managed to find a way to make it through.

• Like 7