🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

Paul, I know you had some concerns about starting a thread to talk to fans on here, but as long as you don't @danharmon yourself (re: Oct 20, 2015) I think the thread is a success.

Even though I've just been doing dumb joke-posts, it's been fun to read the questions and answers.

and also, if I were on some sorta video game quest in which making Paul say "mission accomplished" was a thing that would gain me a new level... I already thought of it!

Hello once again, Paul.

Have you ever looked up any geographical breakdowns of the show's listeners? If so, have you been surprised by any of the weird places where we reside?

• Like 1

How was the experience of shoving an entire slice of greasy pepperoni pizza into your mouth?

Hi PFT!

Forgive me if this is out of bounds, but you discussed this on a recent episode:

I also served on a jury for the first time recently. It was just a civil case, but I was horrified when they picked me - I wasn't confident I could make a decision that would effect the lives of strangers. But by the end of the six days, I was fascinated with the whole system, and even ended up serving as the foreperson. Now, whenever a friend gets summoned, I whole-heartedly endorse it as a must-have life experience.

Would you be willing to share any details about the case you served on? Civil or criminal? Was it difficult, or pretty open-and-shut? Did it go the way you wanted?

-Liz

Hello once again, Paul.

Have you ever looked up any geographical breakdowns of the show's listeners? If so, have you been surprised by any of the weird places where we reside?

I do not have access to that information! But I would certainly be curious to know!

I do not have access to that information! But I would certainly be curious to know!

You have at least one fan from the Blue Mountains Australia. Top that other forum-members.

Hi Paul! So glad the Podfest episode is out now. It was an absolute joy to be present for it, and love being able to revisit the memory through the podcast.

After the official Podfest video archives went down, a bootlegger uploaded them to YouTube. I reported it to the Podfest people, who were able to get it removed. They said the videos now belong to the podcasters to do with as they please. Do you plan to release the video of this show (or Superego or Boat Show) at some point?

-Liz

Dear Paul,

In order of best to least best, what are the best ways to show support for Spontaneanation without being able to attend live events? Please suggest any others so your fans can show maximum support!

Examples include:

Review on iTunes

Donate to podcast

Support sponsors' businesses using Spont- affiliated URLs

Become a sponsor

Stalk Matt Gourley on Twitter

Subscribing/Downloading podcast

Thank you for your time.

Eleanor

(edited for manners)

Dear Paul,

In order of best to least best, what are the best ways to show support for Spontaneanation without being able to attend live events? Please suggest any others so your fans can show maximum support!

Examples include:

Review on iTunes

Donate to podcast

Support sponsors' businesses using Spont- affiliated URLs

Become a sponsor

Stalk Matt Gourley on Twitter

Subscribing/Downloading podcast

Thank you for your time.

Eleanor

(edited for manners)

Eleanor, thanks for asking! The absolute best way you can support the show is to download it, enjoy it, and spread the word. Honestly. If you like it, tell someone you think might like it and hopefully they'll like it too.

After that, buying stuff from sponsors and using my codes probably sends the best message to Earwolf. If the sponsors are happy, they are happy. But again, the more people listen to the podcast, the more sponsors we'd get, and the happier Earwolf will be.

I always feel weird about asking people to donate, but it's welcome and also sends a message to the network. So if you're one of those listeners with lots of disposable income, why not donate a few bucks? You've probably spent more money on things you enjoyed less.

Leave Matt Gourley alone.

Eleanor, thanks for supporting the show BY LIKING IT!

• Like 1

Hi Paul! So glad the Podfest episode is out now. It was an absolute joy to be present for it, and love being able to revisit the memory through the podcast.

After the official Podfest video archives went down, a bootlegger uploaded them to YouTube. I reported it to the Podfest people, who were able to get it removed. They said the videos now belong to the podcasters to do with as they please. Do you plan to release the video of this show (or Superego or Boat Show) at some point?

-Liz

I am not in charge of the Thrilling Adventure or Superego video feeds, but I do have the Spontaneanation video. I'll figure something out!

That's it!

Neat! What a happy accident!

Unless targeted marketing is even more intelligent than we've been lead to believe...

And Paul, your care, thoughtfulness and eloquence never cease to amaze. Is it too early to nominate you for Sainthood?

I don't know if anyone responded to this question, but at least three Petite Miracles are required for comedy sainthood.

• Like 2

Argh

Can anyone help me figure out how to tag my Amazon purchases to Spont, instead of just Earwolf in general?

For that matter, are all the Spont URLs in one place?

Why am I dumb?

Argh

Can anyone help me figure out how to tag my Amazon purchases to Spont, instead of just Earwolf in general?

For that matter, are all the Spont URLs in one place?

Why am I dumb?

I don't think you can, at least not yet. The NNF page has an Amazon referral link of it's own, on the right side. If SPONT had one, it would probably be there. Write your congressman?

I don't think you can, at least not yet. The NNF page has an Amazon referral link of it's own, on the right side. If SPONT had one, it would probably be there. Write your congressman?

I pinged Earwolf and Adam Sachs about it on Friday but haven't heard back.

Maybe this has been asked already but:

Who operates the cut-to/flashback/etc. sound effects? Is it you solely, any improviser, or a mysterious third party (such as a ghost)? And, props to this person for their fleet and intelligent fingers.

Maybe this has been asked already but:

Who operates the cut-to/flashback/etc. sound effects? Is it you solely, any improviser, or a mysterious third party (such as a ghost)? And, props to this person for their fleet and intelligent fingers.

This has indeed been answered!

Paul its Michael Rivkin. I enjoy your show and bang bang if you know what I mean. I just submitted a plug theme under the name Rivcona. My question is how do you have time to do anything? Much Love

Hey Paul. After your story about Eban and how his sister dictated what he could and couldn't like, I was wondering: would it ever be a possibility to have Eban on as an interview guest (perhaps for a special occasion like the 1-year anniversary of SPONTANEANATION)?

He doesn't play during the interview segments, so I think it would be totally delightful to hear you have a chat with Eban.

• Like 2

Hey Paul. After your story about Eban and how his sister dictated what he could and couldn't like, I was wondering: would it ever be a possibility to have Eban on as an interview guest (perhaps for a special occasion like the 1-year anniversary of SPONTANEANATION)?

He doesn't play during the interview segments, so I think it would be totally delightful to hear you have a chat with Eban.

I wonder if Eban just doesn't want to talk? I got the impression he told that story during the break but didn't want to say it "on air" himself?

Paul, is Eban Schletter's deep dark secret that he has a scary Harvey Keitel voice with a wildly unlikely accent?