🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 118.5 - MINISODE 118.5

Next week we're going from fast cars to monster trucks that come to life! This week Paul goes through Corrections and Omissions for Furious 7, reads some Fast & Furious fan fiction, and gives a controversial answer to whether Nic Cage would make Furious 7 better. Plus, Paul answers your Qs about scary movies, Human Giant, and more!

People of the internet: The League is back on FXX 10pm on Wednesdays! A while ago, Paul and Rob Huebel did a comedy special on a 60 foot glass bus that traveled around LA and now you’ll be able to see it. Go to vim.io/crashtestpaul now to buy it!

The Hotwives (Casey Wilson, Danielle Schneider, Andrea Savage, Dannah Phirman, Tymberlee Hill, Angela Kinsey, Erinn Hayes) are back and this time they are in Vegas baby! The Hotwives of Las Vegas is coming to Hulu on Tuesday, August 18th!

Also, check out June in Grace and Frankie available on Netflix, Paul in Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp on Netflix, all the episodes of NTSF:SD:SUV:: on HULU for free, ScheeRL on YouTube here:

, and Jason in The Dictator (he’s still in it!).

Holy shit guys, this trailer is terrifying. Stephen King looks insanely creepy.

Edit: Oh my god, Paul read my comment. I am literally freaking out right now.

• Like 4

Does Paul have some sort of disorder where he has no concept of time? I was starting to wonder if saying the episode would be 10-15 minutes during every intro was a bit, but then near the end of this one (like 38 minutes in), he said it had been a quick one.

• Like 6

Hooray! The minisode thread is finally up!

No, Paul, I haven't been a best commenter before. In fact, the only other minisode where my C/O got on was TMNT 2. Apparently, I can only make it onto movies I genuinely like (or that I worshiped as a kid).

Also, go read the oral history for Furious 7. Like, everyone. Even if you didn't like the movie (which is basically impossible). It's an awesome story. I wanted it to be about 30 pages longer and just feature stories about Spiro just being like "Deal with it, bro" to all studio execs.

Since they never put the link on the episode page for some reason, it's here:

http://www.slashfilm...n-oral-history/

(I might have teared up at work while reading the part about Heather's most memorable stunt)

• Like 3

Hooray! The minisode thread is finally up!

Since they never put the link on the episode page for some reason, it's here:

http://www.slashfilm...n-oral-history/

Not even into the actual content of the article and it's already about Family (husband/wife and brothers).

• Like 2

Between "I'm shit with emotional math" from the F&F fanfic and "Garbage trash for babies" over on the CBB forum, this week has brought me two awesome new idioms that I plan to use as much and as obnoxiously as possible for the foreseeable future.

Thanks Earwolf!

3e0e014807979f2988866bf890fa0945.gif

• Like 7

No, Paul, I haven't been a best commenter before. In fact, the only other minisode where my C/O got on was TMNT 2. Apparently, I can only make it onto movies I genuinely like (or that I worshiped as a kid).

Weren't you a co-winner on that one w/ Taylor Anne, Cambert, and Plan B? Besides, Paul thinks you're a winner, and isn't that all that really matters?

• Like 4

Between "I'm shit with emotional math" from the F&F fanfic and "Garbage trash for babies" over on the CBB forum, this week has brought me two awesome new idioms that I plan to use as much and as obnoxiously as possible for foreseeable future.

I almost fell off my bike at "I'm shit with emotional math." That was pretty amazing.

• Like 3

Holy shit guys, this trailer is terrifying. Stephen King looks insanely creepy.

Did he scare the Hell out of you?

93504cc4e838a328039671787bd4567c.gif

• Like 5

I non-ironically love this horrible movie, ever since seeing played nonstop on TNT in the mid-90s. So glad this is finally being covered by the show, so much so I will be donating to the show to keep the cause of mocking laughably bad alive and well.

• Like 3

Not even into the actual content of the article and it's already about Family (husband/wife and brothers).

And it all starts with a father.

• Like 4

Does Paul have some sort of disorder where he has no concept of time? I was starting to wonder if saying the episode would be 10-15 minutes during every intro was a bit, but then near the end of this one (like 38 minutes in), he said it had been a quick one.

Time flies when you're having fun!

• Like 2

Time flies when you're having fun!

Do we need Maxwell Keeper to fly in from Tallahassee?

• Like 4

Did he scare the Hell out of you?

93504cc4e838a328039671787bd4567c.gif

With the plaid, it's like seeing a young George Lucas trainwreck or should I say truckwreck.

• Like 4

I don't remember what it was in relation to, and I just KNOW I heard mention of it in this mini ep, but yes, Michelangelo would look like shit with a beard...

11138059_754245808028254_1265266020_n.jpg

Also, it's great whenever Seavers gets a shout-out on the podcast...

the-seavers.jpg

Man, they should totally do Not Quite Human at some point and have PFT on to do the whole show as Alan Thicke.

• Like 2

Man, they should totally do Not Quite Human at some point and have PFT on to do the whole show as Alan Thicke.

Oh God, I just remembered that. It wasn't like a real movie though, was it? I picture it as being some sort of "Magical World of Disney" thing or something. And I'm guessing it had a sequel that was probably called "STILL Not Quite Human"? Jesus, I just looked, and that was actually the THIRD one. WHY DO I REMEMBER THESE THINGS?!?!? Anything I can remember from when I was 9 is completely useless to me!

• Like 1

If this is the scariest, bestest, most Stephen King-iest thing yet, I can't understand how we DON'T have some sort of "Room 237"-esque documentary pulling back all the secrets, conspiracy theories, and infinite layers of "Maximum Overdrive". THERE'S SO MUCH WE CAN'T UNDERSTAND!

I saw a list on some site or another of the best and worst Stephen King movies one time, and the thing that all the best ones had in common was that he had very little or nothing to do with the actual making of the films. Well, having written AND directed this one, you can imagine where it placed...

• Like 3

Also, it's great whenever Seavers gets a shout-out on the podcast...

the-seavers.jpg

Believe me, I got that a lot when I was growing up! Spelt different but it is pronounced the same.

The only two things I vividly remember from Maximum Overdrive is a remote control car in a dead dog's mouth and a pop machine shooting cans at a baseball team. One is pretty disturbing, the other comes across as hilarious.

Yes!

I've been rallying for Maximum Overdrive for quite a while now. I just re-watched it on YouTube tonight, and man, none of the luster of this movie's wonderful horrible-ness has diminished. This is the movie Stephen King made to show artsy-fartsy directors like Stanley Kubrick how to make a godamned Stephen King movie the right way! *SNOOOOORT!!!* Mission Accomplished!

(Say what you will about Maximum Overdrive, but it's nice to see 80% of this film's horribly unlikeable characters dispatched so efficiently. So, thank you, movie.)

Looking this film up on IMDB, I found that it does have its champions. Or, a champion, to put it more precisely. I won't cut and paste one Mr. Ronald Panis from the Netherlands' entire, lengthy, AC/DC-praising review here, but I will give you some of the best highlights from it:

"I really cannot understand why this movie has such a bad overall rating. According to me a movie doesn't have to have a great plot or so to be appealing."

And...

"Maybe I'm just simple but I like the movie. Better than some not understandable romantic drama if you'd ask me."

God bless the Netherlands. And God bless HDTGM for doing this movie.

• Like 2

Yes! I love this movie and have such fond memories of it. So many classic moments! I agree with June, this is a perfect HDTGM movie. I can't wait for next week to come!

• Like 1