🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 156.5 - Minisode 156.5

I watched this this morning on Youtube and was surprised that the only versions were made like they were filmed from a person aiming a camera at a tube TV. Oddly there were more versions of the movie that was only 66 minutes while the one I watched was 99 which still isn't even the full length not including credits. I can also say that this is probably the most 90s movie ever outside of Airborne with the constant use of the Game Gear and the fact that the ninja clan can cut down basically a small forest to make surf boards in about 20 minutes.

• Like 1

I was looking to see if Surf Ninjas was on Netflix.

When I got to "Surf N", the first thing that was suggested was "Surf Nazis Must Die" (although, that isn't on Netflix either. Netflix UK is aenemic when it comes to selection.) But now I kinda want to watch it. Any movie with the titled "Surf Nazis Must Die" is a must watch.

Netflix UK is weird, they list "Surf Nazis Must Die", when it's not even on there, and they keep hounding me to watch Trevor Noah's new special, despite rating another one of his specials as one star.

They do that "did you mean this" suggestion as a way to say "we might not have this movie right now but these are kinda similar to it." I also just stopped rating the movies and just let what I watch create suggestions, because the rating system works off and on depending if Netflix wants to play ball with me.

razzies last night and Hillary's America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party was the big winner. has anyone seen it. i remember seeing a trailer for it and i thought it was a joke but then i heard it was serious and it made it look even more ridiculous. is it worth a watch just for the awfulness.

From what I read of it, it doesn't even have the decent production style that the director's last film had, which he styled after Michael Moore's technique, which was the only real saving grace of that film. This one also has a more re-enactment style which makes it all the more hokey. His Obama film has a 25% on RT while Hillary is a 4% so it's like comparing getting shot in the foot to shot in the head in terms of subject quality.

• Like 1

tumblr_ncj2scoXlL1s68apwo1_500.jpg

These unbearded Jason photos make me feel strange and not in a good way

• Like 4

vSlDM0A.png

b6a811d80476d717c252d3082889a370.jpg

tumblr_ncj2scoXlL1s68apwo1_500.jpg

It's crystal clear to me that Lin-Manuel Miranda is another one of Jeffrey Characterwheaties' masterful characters...

But... Who is the bearded man that played Jason "J-Dog" HeynongMantzoukas for that twitpic???

A TWIN!???

Bonus question... Is that the back of Paul Scheer's head at the left of Lin-Manuel's/Jeffrey's ???

try this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbhmZQqGrFE

in an earlier post i said the film would be better if it was played at 1.1x speed cause it was so slowly paced ... i guess you're about to find out if i was right cause whoever posted this increased the speed to try and get around the copyright checks. i am not watching it again to find out if it's any better at this speed

This is perfect, now I wish I could more HDTGM movies slightly sped up.

• Like 4

Fuck Surf Ninjas! I need to watch this!

Dude. So this is Wakaliwood, and they are awesome as fuck. Their movie Who Killed Captain Alex? is available on YouTube in its entirety.

This guy Alan (if you watch any of their movies, he's the only white dude) brought their movie Bad Black to Fantastic Fest last year, where it won the Audience Award. It's really funny and awesome. They have a VJ that narrates the entire movie, which is something that came out of the Ugandan slums. They used to hold public screenings of American movies in the 80s and 90s, but they were in English because nobody was subtitling or dubbing movies into Ugandan. So they would watch the movies in Englihs, but no one understood them. So they would have a VJ (Video Joker) that would narrate the movies and it became this weird kind of improv performance thing. Alan said he had seen Air Force One about 10 times in Wakaliga, and it had a completely different story each time.

So when Isaac (the dude who founded Wakaliwood) started making movies, the VJ was just part of the experience of the movie to him, so he included them in the movies. Also, VJ Emmy is fucking hilarious.

• Like 1

I got through 25 minutes of the sped up Surf Ninjas and had to stop and take a break. This one is rough.

• Like 6

This movie made me rethink about all the movies I loved when I was a kid. Were they all this bad?

• Like 4

This movie made me rethink about all the movies I loved when I was a kid. Were they all this bad?

I recently rewatched Mighty Morphin Power Rangers to test this theory and I'm sorry to report that yes, yes they were.

• Like 4

I thought this week's mini-ep sounded like it was recorded in Bitch Sesh's recording studio bath tub.

Yeh what was that?

Any links to a good version on YouTube of surf ninjas?

No they aren't because this movie still rules ass!

MPW-46645.jpg

• Like 4

No they aren't because this movie still rules ass!

MPW-46645.jpg

2iqkg2s.jpg

• Like 3

Also Surf Ninjas is ridiculous. I forgot that Tone Loc was in this, I'm already looking forward to their discussions on his terrible police work in this movie.

try this one
in an earlier post i said the film would be better if it was played at 1.1x speed cause it was so slowly paced ... i guess you're about to find out if i was right cause whoever posted this increased the speed to try and get around the copyright checks. i am not watching it again to find out if it's any better at this speed

Thanks again, man! I owe you one! I can honestly say, I liked every 20th minute of that.

• Like 3

This is perfect, now I wish I could more HDTGM movies slightly sped up.

VLC Media Player (Windows or Android) has a speed function -- immensely useful for these films. I find that 1.25x speed becomes "normal" quite quickly.

Who Framed Roger Rabbit is also still a great movie.

Never was in question, it's a stone classic.

Space Jam is only ironically good-bad, but quite interesting to compare how much better the mix of live action and cel animation is in Roger Rabbit.

• Like 1

I didn't take Asian-American Studies, so I had to google Patusan to see if it was real (it's not). I guess it's meant to be Indonesia(?) but ninjas and Leslie Nielsen's armor are both Japanese (???).

Also some sad news: Ernie Reyes Jr suffering from kidney failure. He has a gofundme that is nearing completion, though there are apparently two gofundmes, which is a little confusing. Still, get well soon dude.

• Like 1

I think that the joke I had here was in poor taste. I strive to be better than that.

Please accept this gif of sliding pandas by way of an apology.

1976eb64dd4da6f7ce27df4b978b61ad.jpg

• Like 5

I grew up with a grandmother who did not give one single fuck about age ratings when it came to movies. My mum would drop us off with her for the day, she'd take use down to the "tape shop" as she called it, and whatever we picked, she got. No questions asked.

I noticed one thing.

The kids movies I saw in the vast majority, they suck ass in retrosprect, there are some anomalies, like Home Alone. But I still think movies like Bloodsport, Kickboxer, RoboCop, The Terminator, Commando and all those movies. I still adore them. I was 6 when I first watched Bloodsport, I was 6 when I saw Chong Li stamp on Suan Parades's leg, and the bone stuck out the skin.

But, for as irresponsible as my grandmother was, I had great parents, so while they didn't like us watching movies like that (well, my mum did. I think my dad didn't care, as long as we behaved), they made sure we understood that these were "grown up films" and that they're not real, and you cannot act like that,

• Like 2

I recently learned that Neal Israel, the director of this movie , is going to participate in the reboot of his most famous franchise: Police Academy. Assuming no friends of the show are involved in this upcoming project, it's almost assuredly a future HDTGM episode, right?

The two leads "crown prince" brothers in this are charm free and just terrible. .

And I must admit I found young Rob Schneider cute