🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Off-Week 6 (Quasar Sniffer's Pick)

I think, for this message board, we should instill grammar rules that in, let's say, the minisode threads, all occurrences of "there" and "their," "to" and "too," and "your" and "you're" should have their meaning reversed, just to make sure we are all paying attention. Not all the time though. We're not fucking savages.

• Like 6

I love licorice, World's End (though it probably is the weakest of the Cornetto Trilogy), and especially Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. I guess I am just a sucker for the swill they sell me.

On Willy Wonka, the daycare center I went to after school played it a lot (along with The Red Balloon) and we were often forced to sit down and watch them. I think I developed an aversion to freakish things happening to children. I also could not handle Earnest Scared Stupid, which I had to leave the theater shortly after the first kids were turned to wood. In somewhat recent years, my roommate had me try to watch Little Monsters, and I still could not deal and didn't finish the movie. I know I'm the odd one out there. I don't know what happened lol

I totally respect that most everyone else likes Willy Wonka, and Gene Wilder was pretty awesome.

• Like 5

Every year for my birthday and Christmas my mom will send me licorice allsorts because I love them so much and Japan in general hates licorice and the taste of anise so I can never get them here. Whenever I know a person who's going overseas I always ask for a bag.

If anybody every wants Japanese snacks I am more than willing to trade some for licorice.

• Like 4

Every year for my birthday and Christmas my mom will send me licorice allsorts because I love them so much and Japan in general hates licorice and the taste of anise so I can never get them here. Whenever I know a person who's going overseas I always ask for a bag.

If anybody every wants Japanese snacks I am more than willing to trade some for licorice.

Dude, I'll send you some - you don't even have to send me anything.

• Like 5

A Finnish girl we used to know once sent us salmiakki for Christmas.

That was my first and last time trying any sort of licorice lol

Since it was sort of mentioned I'm gonna throw in that I never liked Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory.

Dude, Nordic people don't fuck around when it comes to licorice. That's literally the worst place you could have started.

My aunt married a Danish dude, and he has a little pouch of licorice he carries with him to chew on after meals. When I was a kid, I was like, "Oh, is that candy?" And he was like, "Yeah, man. Try some." And then he laughed his ass off as I tried to get the flavor out of my mouth.

Now I like bitter things, so he gives me licorice partly as a joke to remind me of when that happened and partly because he has the hookup on really good licorice and he knows I like it.

(Also, I didn't grow up with Willy Wonka, and I don't really get why people love it so much)

• Like 7

Dude, Nordic people don't fuck around when it comes to licorice. That's literally the worst place you could have started.

61rRxfZk0tL._SX522_.jpg

• Like 5

Dude, I'll send you some - you don't even have to send me anything.

It wouldn't feel right not to return the favor somehow. Anyway, my birthday is coming up soon so in a month I'll have my fix.

• Like 5

It wouldn't feel right not to return the favor somehow. Anyway, my birthday is coming up soon so in a month I'll have my fix.

Happy early birthday! At first I read that as return the flavor somehow and I was like, gross no thanks, lol.

• Like 3

I mean if you want to send her green tea Kit Kats I'm sure she would be okay with that ;)

• Like 5

My aunt married a Danish dude, and he has a little pouch of licorice he carries with him to chew on after meals. When I was a kid, I was like, "Oh, is that candy?" And he was like, "Yeah, man. Try some." And then he laughed his ass off as I tried to get the flavor out of my mouth.

Now I like bitter things, so he gives me licorice partly as a joke to remind me of when that happened and partly because he has the hookup on really good licorice and he knows I like it.

I'm kinda surprised that I wasn't exposed to it as a kid, considering I had great-grandparents from Norway and Finland. I don't remember anyone in my family eating licorice except for when my mom would buy Twizzlers.

I figure I'm just lucky I missed the lutefisk. My grandfather hated that.

• Like 4

I mean if you want to send her green tea Kit Kats I'm sure she would be okay with that ;)

I don't think everybody understands the awesomeness that is Kit Kats in Japan. They do regular seasonal flavours that come out for a short time and then are just gone for ever! Some are glorious like apple pie and sweet potato. Others are just weird like soy sauce and miso soup.

Even better are the seasonal Pepsi flavours that come out. Cucumber Pepsi... mmmmm....

• Like 5

Others are just weird like soy sauce and miso soup.

Go home, Japan, you're drunk.

• Like 7

Holy shit guys I just got a job offer

Congrats!

applause-1.gif

• Like 5

7 1/2 years after defending my thesis, finally getting a chance to get on the tenure track. Holy crap.

• Like 5

Holy shit guys I just got a job offer

tumblr_inline_np1m6zqHII1qi9fgw_500.gif

Seriously congratulations!!!

• Like 6

Thanks so much guys. The hilarious thing was that the dean called to offer me the job in the middle of a phone interview for another university (in Illinois). Of course it was.

Crusty Old Dean was all,

giphy.gif

(PS: She's the Dean, but I just call her Bobby)

• Like 6

tumblr_inline_np1m6zqHII1qi9fgw_500.gif

Seriously congratulations!!!

Lol @ the girl behind Meryl, throwing shade.

hl9t1GA.png

• Like 4

Lol @ the girl behind Meryl, throwing shade.

hl9t1GA.png

I was literally about to comment about her. Idk who she is but I remember this moment well and now I don't like this woman lol.

BUT! Seriously congrats CakeBug!!!

giphy.gif

• Like 7

Hey, Taylor, this just happened:

Wife: "I think The Day After Tomorrow is my favorite movie..."

Me: (incredulously) Ever?

Wife: I think so. Yeah.

• Like 5

Hey, Taylor, this just happened:

Wife: "I think The Day After Tomorrow is my favorite movie..."

Me: (incredulously) Ever?

Wife: I think so. Yeah.

I knew your wife and I were supposed to be best friends and this just solidifies it.

That's maybe - no joke - one of the few movies I've rewatched more than 10 times.

• Like 5