🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 162 - My Stepmother Is An Alien: LIVE!

One of my favorite Simpsons eps.

"I see you've played knifey spoony before."

And to you I say,

960.jpg

• Like 7

I'm on #teamtaytay here. Pacific Rim is a goddamn masterpiece.

and it's the best English language film Del Toro has done.

i hated that movie. the acting was so bad that i kinda missed everything else. no one came out of that looking good. not even luther. definitely one of the most disappointing movies of the last number of years .. for me at least. maybe if i watched it with the sound off during the dialog parts .. interesting experiment.

• Like 2

A couple months ago, HDTGM did Airborne. This was a movie that was at the top of my list of movies I've always wanted them to cover. I was wondering if you could pick one (and only one) movie for HDTGM to do, what movie would it be?

My sole contribution to the Bad Movie Recommendations forum:

ravenous_ver1.jpg

• Like 4

My sole contribution to the Bad Movie Recommendations forum:

ravenous_ver1.jpg

I was getting a "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU THAT MOVIE IS AMAZING" post ready, but then I read your post.

Carry on.

• Like 4

i hated that movie. the acting was so bad that i kinda missed everything else. no one came out of that looking good. not even luther. definitely one of the most disappointing movies of the last number of years .. for me at least. maybe if i watched it with the sound off during the dialog parts .. interesting experiment.

WRONG

SO WRONG

• Like 7

I'm on #teamtaytay here. Pacific Rim is a goddamn masterpiece. As someone that grew up on kaiju and mecha movies, it's a perfect love letter to the genres. Most of the things that I've heard people say seem wonky about it are tropes of the genre (e.g., Why did they wait until they were getting flown into space to pull out their miracle sword?). I love that movie so much, and it's the best English language film Del Toro has done.

Hellboy.gif

• Like 5

Ooo... this is a tough question. I mean do you go with a bad movie to have them rip it apart? Do you pick something that will try to appeal to one of the hosts? So many factors to consider. Personally I would love Jon Gabrus to come back and do some more JCVD movies with them. However, in thinking of bad movies that would spark some fun host banter I have to go with:

220px-Tammyandtrex.JPG

For those unfamiliar it's the classic story of a teenage boy (Paul Walker) who is murdered by his girlfriend's (Denise Richards) ex boyfriend and has his brain put inside a T-Rex created by a mad scientist (play by Weekend at Bernie's Terry Kiser)

• Like 6

WRONG

SO WRONG

nah. they were all terrible. i actually came close to walking out of it. the actors sucked the life out of the movie. i haven't seen it since that time but i remember the japanese actors struggling. but at least they had the excuse that english wasn't their first language. king arthur has no such excuses.

take this clip for example. nothing that comes after all the talking matters to me because the acting was so shite i got tense ... poor charlie can't even keep his accents straight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7i4pNsqnls

something happened near the end too that really bugged me but it's gone from my mind. that's probably a good thing.

maybe i should get a bluray copy and give it another go. the visuals were good i'll give it that

Hellboy.gif

HB2 is good. I can barely sit through the first one.

Pacific Rim is still miles ahead IMO.

(play by Weekend at Bernie's Terry Kiser)

Ooh! They can do ours as a double feature! They can bill it as Cam and Cam w/ Cameron Esposito (ft. Terry Kiser)

• Like 5

Pacific Rim (to me at least) was a very fun movie with great action set pieces. Unfortunately it also had Charlie Hunman as a lead and he was fucking terrible in this movie. But that in no way can be singularly pinned to him. The dialogue and writing in general in the movie were horrendous.

I absolutely love Del Toro though, I know this is controversial but I loved Hellboy 2 infinitely more than 1. All the creatures and the beautifully tragic world of the elves was much more interesting to me than what was a great but fairly formulaic origin story for the first movie.

Just hope he eventually gets to do At the Mountains of Madness.

• Like 3

I absolutely love Del Toro though, I know this is controversial but I loved Hellboy 2 infinitely more than 1.

I don't think it's that controversial. Hellboy 2 got a slightly better critical reception than the first, and I think it's a much better movie.

• Like 1

I don't think it's that controversial. Hellboy 2 got a slightly better critical reception than the first, and I think it's a much better movie.

Well thats good to know, I think I was reading an article on io9, and the writer seemed to imply that it didnt do quite as well. And after checking Rotten Tomatoes not only did it do better critically, but also financially, which gives me hope in humanity.

• Like 1