Jump to content
Smigg.

Episode #245 - Money Plane

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Cam Bert said:

I wonder what would have happened if he had been reading his daughter a different night time story.

 

2 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

If it had been Rikki Tikki Tavi he would have been like, “Let me at them cobras!”

If it were "Harry the Dirty Dog" he would've said, "It would be better to steal the candy and bury it in the backyard."

Or if it were "The Hungry Caterpillar" it would've been "yeah, fuck, eat the whole lot -- you'll be a butterfly by tomorrow anyway."

1 minute ago, Cameron H. said:

I wonder if the caliber of bullet matters. Is a higher caliber more dramatic or would that be gauche?

Does he go through movements with his art? Does he have a hollow-point collection, and a series done with shotguns?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Cam Bert said:

Too small and it becomes like where's waldo trying to find it and too high and it's gauche.

If it's a .22 you may as well not even bother for both spray from the victim and the hole left in the canvas, if there even is one. You want something like a .45 at most, especially if it's a larger canvas, that way you have a hole to tell a story about and a good portion of the canvas is "painted." You use something like a .50, especially from something like a Barrett, then you're just going to destroy the canvas and your lackey will look like the crowd who went to one of the first Gallagher shows and didn't know what the Sledge-O-Matic was.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, RyanSz said:

If it's a .22 you may as well not even bother for both spray from the victim and the hole left in the canvas, if there even is one. You want something like a .45 at most, especially if it's a larger canvas, that way you have a hole to tell a story about and a good portion of the canvas is "painted." You use something like a .50, especially from something like a Barrett, then you're just going to destroy the canvas and your lackey will look like the crowd who went to one of the first Gallagher shows and didn't know what the Sledge-O-Matic was.

Or even like the audience at a game of Russian Roulette

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, The_Triple_Lindy said:

Or even like the audience at a game of Russian Roulette

Even there they were ill prepared as evidence of the woman's face covered in the middle Lawrence's blood when he shot himself under the chin, you really need a plastic poncho like they sell before some water rides in order to get the best protection.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/31/2020 at 6:47 PM, nthurkettle said:

Hang on - I ALWAYS peel the entire banana. How else are you going to examine it for gross, bruisy, mushy bits before you eat it? You're just taking bites of your banana BLIND?!? WOW you people live on the edge.

Or put nutella on it like god intended! 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, RyanSz said:

Even there they were ill prepared as evidence of the woman's face covered in the middle Lawrence's blood when he shot himself under the chin, you really need a plastic poncho like they sell before some water rides in order to get the best protection.

I think they are wearing ponchos, though ... you can see them when they enter screen from behind McGillicuddy ... they just needed face shields, too, I guess.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, The_Triple_Lindy said:

I think they are wearing ponchos, though ... you can see them when they enter screen from behind McGillicuddy ... they just needed face shields, too, I guess.

That's what I meant to say, as I was thinking of the one my guide gave me on the VIP tour for Universal Studios, basically saved my phone from being destroyed on the Jurassic World ride as the biggest wave of water I've ever seen on a ride is dumped on the car you're in about midway into the ride, while everyone else in my group was beyond soaked.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/31/2020 at 2:59 PM, pscudese said:

movies are always so awfully incorrect when it comes to poker. this supposed poker pro bluffed with jack 4 in this hand and got instacalled by a full house. i guess maybe he was trying to lose so he could go punch the pilot etc

 

 

Anyone else catch the final hand of Texas Hold'em, the dealer throws out 4 cards at the beginning vs 3 cards and then do a round of betting before the 4th is tossed out!

t fucking sloppy! Guess it's no Online War!

 

wVvRXTf.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post

i feel like this movie "money plane" is just hollywood trolling everyone else.  was this movie edited by the cia? like meet the fockers?its funny but only if you realize how bad it is. it feels like its a purposely bad movie. its so stupid. five stars

Share this post


Link to post

I think it’s safe to say we were all a little disappointed in the games offered on the Money Plane. Out of curiosity, what kind of depraved attractions were you hoping would be featured on board?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

I think it’s safe to say we were all a little disappointed in the games offered on the Money Plane. Out of curiosity, what kind of depraved attractions were you hoping would be featured on board?

Man v. Man gladiator fights

Man v. Apex predator (tiger, shark, bear, etc.)

Going back to my original comment in this thread about Andy Lawrence basically cribbed a bunch of ideas from other movies, the one he kind of failed at stealing from the most was the direct-to-DVD third film in the Hostel series. That movie is set outside of Las Vegas and in this version people aren't really paying for the ability to torture someone, they are betting on how they will either die or how long it will take. One guy the bet is how many arrows it will take to kill him and another I think was how many pounds of live bugs would he have to ingest before dying. It wasn't bad given that the movie was a rush job for the straight to video market, but the games offered in that movie were a hundred times better than what was in this one.

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Cameron H. said:

I think it’s safe to say we were all a little disappointed in the games offered on the Money Plane. Out of curiosity, what kind of depraved attractions were you hoping would be featured on board?

To answer my own question, I’d definitely would have like to see something far more deviant. Like, why not bet on whether they could get a Sportscaster or a News Anchor to take a shit on their desk on live television, or whether they can convince a nun and priest to fuck each other during a church service. How about, if given the proper “incentive,” could they get a person to cut off their own fingers and toes? Can they cut off more than their opponent? How about faster? Quieter? Could you get them to eat their own severed digits?  

I’m just saying, if you are going to present the viewer with an “anything goes” gambling scenario run by unscrupulous psychopaths, dealing out some Texas Hold-Em is pretty fucking ho hum.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

To answer my own question, I’d definitely would have like to see something far more deviant. Like, why not bet on whether they could get a Sportscaster or a News Anchor to take a shit on their desk on live television, or whether than can convince a nun and priest to fuck each other during a church service. How about, if given the proper “incentive,” could they get a person to cut off their own fingers and toes? Can they cut off more than their opponent? How about faster? Quieter? Could you get them to eat their own severed limbs?  

I’m just saying, if you are going to present the viewer with an “anything goes” gambling scenario run by unscrupulous psychopaths, dealing out some Texas Hold-Em is pretty fucking ho hum.

I think this question and answer point to the fundamental flaw of this movie. Is it about a casino plane or is it about rich people betting on anything? Those two things don't really go together. The notion of making people do things and betting on or watching the outcome is well worn thriller/horror movie fodder. I can give you five movies off the top of my head where this is the entire premise of the movie. What common thread do these movies have in common, they all take place either online or in a private residence. As pointed out in the episode the actual thing they are betting on is more illegal than the betting itself, so what's the point of being in international airspace if those things are happening on the ground. Streaming it online would not only get more bets and money, but is just as legal as the money plane itself.  The only reason they would need to get into international airspace is if the things you are doing were illegal like Russian roulette. That begs the question, who would want to play a game like this? If they were super rich, why would they bother throwing their life and riches away to play this kind of game? If they were killers, criminals and rapists why would they want to play as well, wouldn't their enjoyment come from killing the other person or watching somebody suffer and not themselves? If I am the most successful arms dealer, why would I play a game in which I could die when killing somebody in a legal grey zone like "international airspace" is more my speed? Having them bet on people doing it makes sense but that's not a casino. Casino doesn't mean betting, it means gambling which bets can be a part of. In fact some casinos do let you bet on anything as long as they can make odds on it. Want to bet on the identity of the masked singer? Sure. Want to bet on which states will go what way in the upcoming election? You got it. Granted the things you are betting on are not illegal of course. Casinos also have no limit backroom games that you can bet a million dollars on poker if you want so why would the super rich need the money plane to bet like that? If you were super rich, why would you want to be sign or possibly have records of you hobnobbing it up with human traffickers and serial killers? All of this begs the question what does the money plane provide that most casinos or online things cannot? Simply it can't and has no reason to exist.

What I would do to have it make sense is each rich person recruits or brings another person on board. That person is their "player" who is forced into playing games like Russian roulette, arm choppy offy, or other torturous things. They all bet on the outcomes and various sidebets and wagers that come out of this. The "player" that wins not only gets a jackpot for themselves but the rich person that brought them gets rewarded as well. Heck, I'll even go simpler and just stick to the casino. Regular gambling things like poker but the things they bet are illegal like wagering people, drugs, guns, ownership of companies, etc.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

When they talk about watching "A man fuck an alligator", I don't think that was supposed to be a bestiality reference, I think they were trying to say that the guy was gonna beat-up the alligator.

The reason is this promo by MMA fighter, Jeff Monson in the lead up to his fight with Mark Kerr.

 

For those with the inability to listen to this, here's the transcript...

"Jeff Monson here.  You like watching people get FUCKED for free?! Watch me fuck up Mark Kerr for free on DonKingTV (dot) com! LIVE! Saturday September 27th 9pm eastern time LIVE on DonKingTV (dot) com!  I'm gonna fuck him up!  I'm gonna fuck him up! I'm gonna put these hands right around his face, and beat his ass,  You watch us live for free, DonKingTV!"

So, thats why I think it's about beating up the alligator.

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Cameron H. said:

I think it’s safe to say we were all a little disappointed in the games offered on the Money Plane. Out of curiosity, what kind of depraved attractions were you hoping would be featured on board?

 

Some suggestions:

- Russian Roulette Beer Pong.  Same rules as Beer Pong, however, one of the cups is poisoned, first one to die loses.
- The Crushed Glass Muay Thai fights from Kickboxer.
- The Landmine Sprint.  Competitors line up at the start, you bet on who will A.) Not Die, and B). Finish the race first.
. Road Rash.  Sort of like the old video game.  A bunch of people on motorbikes, with the melee weapon of their choosing.  But, instead of a race, they just keep going until there's one left standing
- Bullfighting.  I don't mean like the they do in Spain, I mean actual fist fighting with the bull.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I don't know why Jason, June, Paul could not recognize Thomas Jane. He's been playing a very odd-looking character in The Expanse - complete with a fedora, a comb-over hair, and some distinct body language.

https://www.google.com/search?q=thomas+jane+the+expanse

It's a pretty compelling role, and a memorable character in the show (and a memorable look). I'm not surprised Thomas Jane keeps visually changing himself for other roles. He's been at this for a while.

Share this post


Link to post

All of this talk of people betting on things that are morally wrong just reminded me of something.

Anyone else remember Bum Fights?

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Smigg. said:

All of this talk of people betting on things that are morally wrong just reminded me of something.

Anyone else remember Bum Fights?

You mean the series made by guys involved with Dr. Phil completely jumping the shark as a legitimate therapist?

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, dmitryb said:

I don't know why Jason, June, Paul could not recognize Thomas Jane. He's been playing a very odd-looking character in The Expanse - complete with a fedora, a comb-over hair, and some distinct body language.

https://www.google.com/search?q=thomas+jane+the+expanse

It's a pretty compelling role, and a memorable character in the show (and a memorable look). I'm not surprised Thomas Jane keeps visually changing himself for other roles. He's been at this for a while.

Him and Aaron Eckhart have been doing this a lot recently, and usually in their direct-to-video/streaming movies, I'm thinking to try and hide that they are actually in the movie in the first place, to the point it makes me wonder if they just aren't the same guy trying to see which version will be a hit actor, failing at both, and now stuck doing twice as many shitty movies. Jane has always had that kind of slurred talking out of the side of his mouth speech pattern which makes him come off as either a stroke victim or incredibly drunk, but man this one really took the cake with how far he pushed it.

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, RyanSz said:

You mean the series made by guys involved with Dr. Phil completely jumping the shark as a legitimate therapist?

 

 

Funny thing about that guy in the Dr. Phil interview is, he wasn't one of the creators.  He basically screwed the guys who started it, and took it for himself.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Smigg. said:

 

Funny thing about that guy in the Dr. Phil interview is, he wasn't one of the creators.  He basically screwed the guys who started it, and took it for himself.

You mean a guy who paid homeless dudes a pittance to beat the piss outta each other might have been a shrewd thief? Say it ain't so?!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, RyanSz said:

You mean a guy who paid homeless dudes a pittance to beat the piss outta each other might have been a shrewd thief? Say it ain't so?!

I watched a "Where are they now" thing about them.  The original two guys who started were arrested in Thailand (I think), for stealing body parts, and then trying to mail them back to the US.

Just makes you wonder what goes wrong in these people's lives to turn out like that.

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/31/2020 at 10:48 AM, pscudese said:

Also we see the plane is departing from a HUGE airport where they would surely have to register it with the TSA.

5Ys746n.jpg 

 

This enormous airport with multiple terminals and parking lots is also in an "UNDISCLOSED LOCATION." I feel like the dozens of non-money planes actively taxiing in that establishing shot probably have a sense of where it is! 

Also, for an exclusive, secretive operation, Money Plane is seemingly cool with hiring their flight crew off of Zip Recruiter and meeting them for the first time several minutes before takeoff. 

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Smigg. said:

I watched a "Where are they now" thing about them.  The original two guys who started were arrested in Thailand (I think), for stealing body parts, and then trying to mail them back to the US.

Just makes you wonder what goes wrong in these people's lives to turn out like that.

Nothing you said in that second sentence sounded off brand for those guys. As far as what goes wrong, couldn't tell you for the last six years I've been working with guys who made worse choices and more than half the time they have no clue why they've done some of the dumb shit that got them behind bars.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×