🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 98 — John Cochran Again, Our Close Friend

My neighborhood is gentrifying, it has stores that I actually want to go to now... I hate it.

Great, maybe you can pick us up some more sriracha books and mustache themed stationary

• Like 3

I don't know if you could really call it "gentrifying", since Seattle doesn't have any black people to force out of their homes.

Sounds like you don't know what gentrifying means (hint: it's in the name). Also sounds like you think Seattle is Portland. Cool stuff.

• Like 6

I don't really know how to use this feature

Fuckin' guy doesn't even know what friendship is, you think he's gonna know about gentrification?

• Like 9

Fuckin' guy doesn't even know what friendship is, you think he's gonna know about gentrification?

fair point

• Like 3

I don't know if you could really call it "gentrifying", since Seattle doesn't have any black people to force out of their homes.

Seriously ABRAXAS, make your arguments kount

...actually kinda makes a funny acronym S.A.M.Y.A.K....

• Like 10

I'll use it in a couple sentences.

"Squarespace is one company leading the continued gentrification of the internet".

"People used to be afraid they were going to get shot when they came to my website until Squarespace gentrified it".

This post paid for by Squarespace. Squarespace - Build it Beautiful!

• Like 10

Chapter 3: Samyak

Samyak samyak, Samyak samyka, samyka Samyka. Samyak, samyak. Samyak, samyka samyak, Samyak samyka Samyak samyak. Samyak samyak samyka samyak samyka Samyak, samyak. Samyak samyak, Samyak samyka Samyak, samyak. Samyak samyka samyak samyak samyak samyak samyka Samyak, samyak. Samyak samyak-samyak samyka Samyak, samyak. Samyak.

• Like 12

Seattle

American

Metropolitan

Youthful

Anus

Klub

• Like 13

I can't tell who's being ironic and who's not anymore where am I

• Like 7

Dear Paul,

What kind of life, apart from comedy, do you find yourself imagining having in moments of idle reminiscence?

Warm regards, devscoots

• Like 11

goddammit foiled by time yet again

No, I think it'll be fine devscoots. I'm not totally sure how it works, but I think it's still yesterday in Australia.

• Like 12

So after months, you all know:

serve as man, yearn as kings.

Saturdays all manner'f youths act kindly;

Sunday arrives? Manners yet again kneel.

Softly, a motion yanks attention, keening.

Surviving among mobs, you affect kinship.

• Like 14

It's the 21st Century and people are still idly using 'samyak' callously ignoring it's dark and devious origins. I'm not trying to censor comedy, but some things just aren't funny.

• Like 6

Devious may be a bit of an overstatement Houston. If I remember correctly the term originated when Samantha got totally fucked up at that one party and yakked all over Trevor's mom's white couch. Gross, yes. Hilarious, yes. Dark, yes, because she had just eaten WAY too much chocolate cake. Devious? Not sure. I mean, yes it was devious of them to try throwing a massive kegger while Trevor's mom was at that orthopedists' conference in Minneapolis. But kids are going to be kids, and anyway, Trevor kind of had to host the party since the O'Flannahannerty brothers' parents cancelled their vacation at the last minute. It would have been so much better at their house, because of their sick swimming pool, but it was still pretty fun. That Samyak was legendary.

• Like 11

I can't tell who's being ironic and who's not anymore where am I

stop admitting things AbRocks's.

• Like 4

you're in the jungle, baby

you've got a friend?

anything?

• Like 2

Devious may be a bit of an overstatement Houston. If I remember correctly the term originated when Samantha got totally fucked up at that one party and yakked all over Trevor's mom's white couch. Gross, yes. Hilarious, yes. Dark, yes, because she had just eaten WAY too much chocolate cake. Devious? Not sure. I mean, yes it was devious of them to try throwing a massive kegger while Trevor's mom was at that orthopedists' conference in Minneapolis. But kids are going to be kids, and anyway, Trevor kind of had to host the party since the O'Flannahannerty brothers' parents cancelled their vacation at the last minute. It would have been so much better at their house, because of their sick swimming pool, but it was still pretty fun. That Samyak was legendary.

Love your revisionist history Spunky. Sure Samantha could've paced herself better. Sure she could've eaten before the party to mitigate the impact of the booze. That said, we both know that there was a Yak at the party well before she vomited. The exact details are unknown, but we all know that the ghost writer for City Slickers 2: The Legend of Curly's Gold stole the 'it's a bull' milking joke from the rumors surrounding this party. So keep down playing the true tales behind Samyak if you must, but the truth will out you.

• Like 4

I'm looking forward to the next hangout. I hope some of the newest newbies will attend because y'all have straight up won me over already. And SteveH too. Guys? Next Friday so Jack Russell Terrier or whatever the fuck will chill out?

• Like 11