🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 133 - The Quest

I think Mark Hamill is actually incapable of being pissed about being somewhere now.

I think Mark Hamill is actually incapable of being pissed about being somewhere now.

they filmed lukes scene on Skellig Michael in kerry and mark went into a pup after filming ended. he was supposed to have had a great laugh with the locals.

they're returning this summer to film again ... about a 2 hour drive from me .... might fuel up the old Seat Ibiza for a trip down to west cork. although security last time was supposed to be incredible and they were on a small island off the coast of kerry then, dread to think what its gona be like in west cork

• Like 4

Mark Hamill Is the coolest. God, I such a crush on Luke Skywalker when I was a kid. haha!

for my sister and her girl friend it was Harrison Ford, we would go downtown to see empire for this moment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO-KR-14uXM

it just blows my mind that someone posted on

of that theater at that time.

My sister would not of liked the new Starwars movies. She was a cancer survivor who died a year or so ago.

• Like 2

Now everyone loves Mark Hamill in corvette summer, if he had of made that before starwars, it would of been the other way around for mr ford. the tables would of been turned.

ive heard there will be a star wars movie out every year for the next 6 or 7 years ... they cant all be good ... can they?

Yeah the basic idea is that Disney will now rule over December/January for the foreseeable future. The odd years were going to have the episodic Star Wars films while in between would be a spinoff movie: this one about how the rebels got the plans for the Death Star, a young Han Solo film (which I think is the biggest risk for being terrible), a Boba Fett film, and then there are a few other ideas that were being bounced around.

• Like 1

Honestly, I think the Boba Fett movie is more of a risk for not being good than the Han Solo film. George Lucas laid out a super weird, very specific, unnecessary and clunky back story for Boba in the prequels. I think it will be hard to treat those as canon and at the same time dance around them to write an interesting story. I really hope I am wrong on that though.

As long as they stay away from intragalactic trade policy and Gungans it is possible for them all to be good.

• Like 1

Honestly, I think the Boba Fett movie is more of a risk for not being good than the Han Solo film. George Lucas laid out a super weird, very specific, unnecessary and clunky back story for Boba in the prequels. I think it will be hard to treat those as canon and at the same time dance around them to write an interesting story. I really hope I am wrong on that though.

As long as they stay away from intragalactic trade policy and Gungans it is possible for them all to be good.

They could just have him Escape the Sarlac pit (Which I believe happened in the Extended Universe) and continue his bounty hunting adventures... Backstory be damned.

• Like 2

Man, I'm so behind on my podcast episodes this week.

I agree with Paul about the ridiculousness of the announcers declaring that the Chinese fighter was moving like a snake/monkey/tiger as if they've never seen that before. You would think an announcer for an international fighting tournament would have the background information of the major styles of martial arts from each country. There are various kung fu styles, but those taught at shaolin schools, such as the imitative styles of the snake, monkey, tiger, etc would be familiar to these announcers.

Man, I'm so behind on my podcast episodes this week.

I agree with Paul about the ridiculousness of the announcers declaring that the Chinese fighter was moving like a snake/monkey/tiger as if they've never seen that before. You would think an announcer for an international fighting tournament would have the background information of the major styles of martial arts from each country. There are various kung fu styles, but those taught at shaolin schools, such as the imitative styles of the snake, monkey, tiger, etc would be familiar to these announcers.

It wasn't the announcers, it was just Maxie, who I'm fairly certain hadn't been hired by the tournament in any official capacity. Unless he preemptively applied for it just in case JCVD lost the first round and needed a job at his new residence.

• Like 1

They could just have him Escape the Sarlac pit (Which I believe happened in the Extended Universe) and continue his bounty hunting adventures... Backstory be damned.

Or having it before the events of Jedi, but close enough that he's still just going around being a bounty hunter.

It wasn't the announcers, it was just Maxie, who I'm fairly certain hadn't been hired by the tournament in any official capacity. Unless he preemptively applied for it just in case JCVD lost the first round and needed a job at his new residence.

Still, she hasn't seen the Kung Fu Panda movies?

I think that they should accept that he's really not that interesting of a character. He works best when he's a silent threat. The more they try to flesh him out as a real character, the less menacing he becomes. I'm really excited for Rogue One, a little less so for the Han spinoff, and really couldn't give less of a shit about the Boba Fett one.

• Like 1

I think that they should accept that he's really not that interesting of a character. He works best when he's a silent threat. The more they try to flesh him out as a real character, the less menacing he becomes. I'm really excited for Rogue One, a little less so for the Han spinoff, and really couldn't give less of a shit about the Boba Fett one.

I agree with you on the whole "better as a silent threat" thing, although, The Clone Wars did an arc about his life after the events of Attack of the Clones that was pretty good. Then again, I'm not exactly clamoring for more.

Also, I thought I read somewhere that it was going to be a Han Solo/Boba Fett movie that would kind of go into where their animosity for one another came from. I do think that this could be interesting, because, as controversial as this might sound, I don't think Han would make a very interesting lead character either. In my mind, he's kind of Jack Sparrow type and works better when he's reacting to others and not the prime mover of the story.

However, I have no idea where I heard this rumor, so whether it's still the case, or was ever the case, I can't say with any authority.

• Like 1

I agree with you on the whole "better as a silent threat" thing, although, The Clone Wars did an arc about his life after the events of Attack of the Clones that was pretty good. Then again, I'm not exactly clamoring for more.

Also, I thought I read somewhere that it was going to be a Han Solo/Boba Fett movie that would kind of go into where their animosity for one another came from. I do think that this could be interesting, because, as controversial as this might sound, I don't think Han would make a very interesting lead character either. In my mind, he's kind of Jack Sparrow type and works better when he's reacting to others and not the prime mover of the story.

However, I have no idea where I heard this rumor, so whether it's still the case, or was ever the case, I can't say with any authority.

I don't really want to know about any animosity between them, though. My take is that he was always just a bounty hunter that was hired for a job. It makes me think about some other (non-Star Wars) news that came out recently. They're making a sequel to Sicario that will focus on Benicio del Toro's character. If you've seen the movie, most of what makes his character work is that you're never really sure about him. There's a sense of danger about him because you're not totally sold about which side he's on.

With Boba, I always had the impression that he was just out for himself - much like Han. That makes them good foils, but I don't need to know his whole back story or any of their shared history to appreciate that. The whole thing just smells to me like fan service because people have idolized Boba over the years.

Anyway, in conclusion...

• Like 3

I don't really want to know about any animosity between them, though. My take is that he was always just a bounty hunter that was hired for a job. It makes me think about some other (non-Star Wars) news that came out recently. They're making a sequel to Sicario that will focus on Benicio del Toro's character. If you've seen the movie, most of what makes his character work is that you're never really sure about him. There's a sense of danger about him because you're not totally sold about which side he's on.

With Boba, I always had the impression that he was just out for himself - much like Han. That makes them good foils, but I don't need to know his whole back story or any of their shared history to appreciate that. The whole thing just smells to me like fan service because people have idolized Boba over the years.

Anyway, in conclusion...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrMWFXgCRq8

100% agree. I don't know that there is a history between them, just that was the idea for the movie. As you said, the only reason to do this is for fan service--which always makes me wary.

• Like 1

You mean you didn't need to know that he was a clone of the master soldier from the clone wars that was set aside to be raised as his son and then blamed his "father's" death on a Jedi?

Although, I could see a movie that is not so much about Boba Fett's back story as a No Country For Old Men type movie where Fett is Chigurh working.

• Like 2

I'm ambivalent about a Boba Fett movie, but I want the "young Han Solo" film to be a light-hearted romp about a group of smugglers on a cross-galaxy race to pick up a lucrative spice shipment, with an ensemble cast including humans, aliens, droids, and Burt Reynolds.

The Cannonball Kessel Run: A Star Wars Story, coming December 2018.

• Like 3

I figure there had to be some history between Han and Boba Fett that enabled Boba to be the only bounty hunter to figure out Han would hide in the garbage in Empire. I would like to see that history but that's it.

Favorite line from this episode:

"They had to slo-mo that fisting..."

• Like 1

The Fett movie I'm interested to see because I was always a fan of him as a kid since he had the coolest look next to Vader, an awesome ship, and in the video games he was always one of the toughest bosses. The expanded universe has done him some good service in building him up and he's always had the airs of a badass because in all of the galaxy, he's one of the few guys that always gave Han Solo pause, which is definitely something considering Solo always played it cool or knew how to handle a certain situation. It's also why I'm hesitant on the Solo film because Harrison Ford is that character and I really can't see anyone else doing it justice while Boba Fett is basically a blank canvas outside of the actors in Attack of the Clones, so there is more wiggle room to make that movie work.

I'll probably be the twentieth or so to mention something ike this, but despite being then fifty pounds heavier than I am now, and a desk drone in my job of some years, once about five years ago I was helping my parents pack away various items in plastic storage bins, which were stacked in the family/tv room, before being filled and taken down to the basement. A few of the lids were scattered about. Somehow, not paying enough attention, I put one foot on one lid and had my other foot on another, and they slid out from under me, one forward, one backward, and I as a result did a perfect, utterly unintentional split. That stretched muscles and tendons that I hadn't often felt in action over the years, and for a moment (but happily only momentarily) hurt like hell, but the tender fries suffered no damage...I think the body instinctively manages to twist just enough to keep them out of harm's way in that circumstance, or maybe I was even luckier than I thought I was. I'll probably never do another split again, but was surprised how easy it was when one had no choice in the matter, and no lasting damage done. I don't recommend anyone else try it...though masochists might enjoy themselves...

I used to be able to do the right leg in front splits when I was younger (and I could probably work myself into being able to again) and now that I think about it, when I did them my hips tended to tilt forward. That could be the same with sideways splits.

• Like 1

Definitely thought this was "Frog Dreaming" (which was called "The Quest" in the US).

You guys should do that one.