🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Episode 222.5 - Minisode 222.5

The truth behind those lovely French lyrics and more on this week’s mini-sode! Paul opens up the Explanation Hope Line, goes through Corrections and Omissions for Unforgettable, and gives his Pick of the Week. Plus, find out which movie we will be watching next week!

This episode is brought to you by SweeTango Apple (www.SweeTango.com/bonkers) and Hotel Tonight (www.hoteltonight.com).

Subscribe to Unspooled with Paul Scheer and Amy Nicholson here: http://www.earwolf.com/show/unspooled/

Check out our tour dates over at www.hdtgminfo.com!

Check out new HDTGM merch over at https://www.teepubli…wdidthisgetmade

Where to Find Jason, June & Paul:

@PaulScheer on Instagram & Twitter

@Junediane on IG and @MsJuneDiane on Twitter

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The only thing I kinda remember about Disclosure is the third act CGI scene where a sprite with Douglass' face is trying to find files and is hunted by a sprite with Moore's face that I think is shooting lasers at said files.

• Like 2

I remember kind of liking Disclosure when it came out but, from what I remember of it, it's going to be a tough rewatch.

Congrats, Polly. This is twice in a row, right?

• Like 6

I’ve always wanted to watch Disclosure. I’m pretty psyched about this :) 

• Like 5

Disclosure is also currently available on HBO.

I've never been part of a couple's Halloween costume, but I've long thought that going as Jennifer and Frau Brückner's son from Dario Argento's Phenomena would be cute.

• Like 3

Re: Google Play $

You might talk to teachers, or parents of school kids. Lots of schools are strapped for cash. Maybe a teacher could use some of the money on educational films or something.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Cameron H. said:

giphy.gif

Congrats, @PollyDarton! C’est bon! 

6 hours ago, grudlian. said:

Congrats, Polly. This is twice in a row, right?

Thank you guys!

Yep... 2nd in a row! I feel so lucky from my winnings of nothing.

And naysayers (my parents) laughed at me for taking French... well who's laughing now!?

• Like 5

Funny story. I wrote that post 13 feet in the air. I was doing a photoshoot that needed a birds-eye-view and so I had to climb this rickety scaffolding and once I was up there I was NOT coming down until the shoot was over. So while I had time to kill I wrote the Aluoette post.
I guess it's not that funny and barely a story... but you guys get the jist.

d89zGZB.jpg

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, PollyDarton said:

Funny story. I wrote that post 13 feet in the air. I was doing a photoshoot that needed a birds-eye-view and so I had to climb this rickety scaffolding and once I was up there I was NOT coming down until the shoot was over. So while I had time to kill I wrote the Aluoette post.

d89zGZB.jpg

@PollyDarton: “And, thus, perched as a bird as I was, I was granted the eldritch avian insight necessary to allow me to reach into the profound thaumaturgical well-spring of C&O consciousness and compose the perfect post.”   😜

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

WHOOOOO! DISCLOSURE!!!!! I am not the mystery celebrity Paul mentioned, but I did endorse this film! It’s a slow build, but it’s hilarious, utter trash, if you enjoy films where every guy acts like they’re in their tweens!

Plus more 90s VR!!!!

i think it is still on HBO.

• Like 2

On 9/20/2019 at 4:18 PM, SeekerofJoy said:

Re: Google Play $

You might talk to teachers, or parents of school kids. Lots of schools are strapped for cash. Maybe a teacher could use some of the money on educational films or something.

The other thing about it that I’m surprised no one brought up: There’s a real chance that it was part of a payment to a scammer. They frequently want to be paid in gift cards, as cash and electronic payments are more traceable. If that’s the case, then either a scammer didn’t get paid/fully paid, or lost some of their ill-gotten gains. No big deal

• Like 4

On 9/21/2019 at 6:14 PM, CaptainAmazing said:

The other thing about it that I’m surprised no one brought up: There’s a real chance that it was part of a payment to a scammer. They frequently want to be paid in gift cards, as cash and electronic payments are more traceable. If that’s the case, then either a scammer didn’t get paid/fully paid, or lost some of their ill-gotten gains. No big deal

That's a great point. I have heard of people doing this. They ask for huge amounts in gift cards to elderly people on the phone or internet. It's pretty awful.
I bet someone did this and then ditched one of the cards where the caller found it.

• Like 4

If Scott Aukerman is indeed the mystery guest for this studio episode, I hope Kulap is there as well so we can continue the discussion of 90's fashion from the Country Bears episode.  Demi is, of course, timeless, but Douglas looks like a straight-up cartoon hobo for the entire film and is yet presented as an equally powerful sex magnet.  

• Like 3

On 9/20/2019 at 8:03 AM, grudlian. said:

I remember kind of liking Disclosure when it came out but, from what I remember of it, it's going to be a tough rewatch.

Yeah, same. It doesn't seem like something super ripe for HDTGM treatment, other than the super-dated virtual reality stuff.

But it's also been more than 20 years since I saw it, so we'll see.

On 9/20/2019 at 5:05 PM, PollyDarton said:

Polly why have we never discussed photo stuff!? Is that a Nikon I spy!? Cause I am a Nikon bitch through and through!!!

• Like 1

I finally got to listen to June's WTF episode with Marc Maron and she's genuinely just the most lovely person and I love hearing more in depth stories about her growing up, going to NYU with Casey, experiencing 9/11 in the middle of NYC, meeting Paul, and describing their kids' personalities. This was the interview I've been dying to hear!!!

Plus June called out some unconscious bias that Marc laid out and it gave me life to hear her ask, "Would you ask Paul that same question?" and listen as Marc goes oh shit u right watch me back peddle.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, taylorannephoto said:

Polly why have we never discussed photo stuff!? Is that a Nikon I spy!? Cause I am a Nikon bitch through and through!!!

It's Nikon D90 with a 20-200 lens. I have a cool portrait lens, too, but I'm not much of an equipment junkie. I work for a theatre and I help them do a lot of different photo projects, mainly their marketing photography. It's an odd little part of my job and I wish I did more than I do. Photography is my jam though and have been doing it since I was a kid.
This is one of the photos I took that day.

ATbMD1I.jpg

• Like 6

11 hours ago, PollyDarton said:

It's Nikon D90 with a 20-200 lens. I have a cool portrait lens, too, but I'm not much of an equipment junkie. I work for a theatre and I help them do a lot of different photo projects, mainly their marketing photography. It's an odd little part of my job and I wish I did more than I do. Photography is my jam though and have been doing it since I was a kid.
This is one of the photos I took that day.

ATbMD1I.jpg

That's amazing! I legit thought this was an old-timey photo you did a great job at capturing that feel!!!

• Like 5

On 9/20/2019 at 3:01 PM, muttnik said:

Disclosure is also currently available on HBO.

I've never been part of a couple's Halloween costume, but I've long thought that going as Jennifer and Frau Brückner's son from Dario Argento's Phenomena would be cute.

That seems like a random one, unless you've wanted to dress up as a young Jennifer Connelly and/or just have pet insects you've always wanted to work into a costume.

Or, I guess Creepers is just a personal favorite.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ol' eddy wrecks said:

That seems like a random one, unless you've wanted to dress up as a young Jennifer Connelly and/or just have pet insects you've always wanted to work into a costume.

Or, I guess Creepers is just a personal favorite.

The caller did say a deep cut...

Nah, it's just one of my favorite movies and I enjoy gluing things onto myself for Halloween. I did Jordy Verrill from Creepshow for a number of years (I still find bits of craft moss in the house), and I had an Upson Pratt full roach costume in the works until my Halloween plans kind of dried up. So I'd be the one covered in fake flies. 😁