🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 134 - Can't Stop the Music: LIVE!

"I just saved money on car insurance that's so progressive" was my favorite, but he had like a dozen other amazing one-liners. I wish I could remember them all... I wrote that one down so I never forget it. Jason's reactions were great too.

I am laughing at this all over again. Good god, I love Pete and Jason.

Guys, who wants to touch Bifrost Sperm Bridges? Is that a YMCA-sanctioned exercise?

• Like 5

I am confident that, rather than relying upon decades of performing experience to tell them how to read an audience, and rather than continuing to book a guest who is both a professional comedian and their friend, Paul and Jason will heed the advice of a tiny contingent of anonymous Internet users whose first interaction with them is to badmouth said friend.

According to Soundcloud, 187,000 people have listened to this episode so far. Amongst all social media, maybe 100 people have complained to them about Cameron. You are statistically insignificant.

benout.gif

Sorry. Couldn't find one of Pete Holmes. Adam Scott will have to do.

• Like 8

One of my favorite bits in this episode was during the penises are useless debate, where Jason refers to the penis as the Bifrost Bridge for sperm.

Yus. The importance of the footbridge.

"I just saved money on car insurance that's so progressive" was my favorite, but he had like a dozen other amazing one-liners. I wish I could remember them all... I wrote that one down so I never forget it. Jason's reactions were great too.

I thought he would have just left the event after that. I said to myself "Theres no way he tops that" - He did, not all of them, but goddamn funny nonetheless.

• Like 3

This episode seems way too tense and like the audience isn't having any fun. I turned it off about the 27 minute mark but does it get better?

I turned you off at your 1 post- hope you get better soon.

• Like 7

I think Valerie Perrine is pronounced with a long i sound. Perrine like wine, not Perrine like bean.

I suppose nobody has heard her name spoken out loud in decades.

I just watched the trailer again and that is indeed how they pronounce it.

I'm sad the Slashfilm article doesn't solve the mystery of the cop's girlfriend on set. But I did get to read about Steve Guttenberg possibly being sexually harassed by the producer. So, like that happened.

• Like 1

I am confident that, rather than relying upon decades of performing experience to tell them how to read an audience, and rather than continuing to book a guest who is both a professional comedian and their friend, Paul and Jason will heed the advice of a tiny contingent of anonymous Internet users whose first interaction with them is to badmouth said friend.

According to Soundcloud, 187,000 people have listened to this episode so far. Amongst all social media, maybe 100 people have complained to them about Cameron. You are statistically insignificant.

Thanks for telling fans that their opinions don't count. Nice.

• Like 3

The only problem I actually had with this episode was the nomenclature south of the border of calling him Native American. From what I understand that is the self-identifying term in the US but it really made me cringe when they slipped and called him an Indian.

• Like 1

The only problem I actually had with this episode was the nomenclature south of the border of calling him Native American. From what I understand that is the self-identifying term in the US but it really made me cringe when they slipped and called him an Indian.

To be fair that's how he identifies his character within the band.

• Like 1

To be fair that's how he identifies his character within the band.

I get that but where I'm from, native and Indian are super disrespectful so just hearing it so casually was like "oh boy"

I listen to episodes on my commute Monday mornings because the episodes release on Friday night here then I check the boards afterwards. When it was 11 pages I crossed my fingers hoping it wasn't going to be a repeat of the CBB thread a couple of weeks back. Alas :(

I thought I was crazy for a second until I saw a lot of the more vocal regulars share a similar opinion to mine and thought it was an episode of manic fun especially the second half. It was a little shouty at times but that was more technical side of things.

All I could think of after reading this thread though was a Mantzoukas reaction (tone and all) to people who are too eager or ask bad questions at live shows "Ugh you're the worst".

• Like 5

Is it just me, or is the real hero of this movie Steve Guttenberg's mother who saves the day with her home cooking? (I might be biased because this was one of the few memories I have of seeing this movie at the cinema, but I was only 9 at the time)

I really wanted to let this whole thing go, but I just saw this on Facebook, and it seriously pisses me off.

26396118002_c63d959fd1_o.png

I really hate the idea that a) new members are being turned off by forum posts from people who are either never here or only created an account to bitch, and b ) that people on the outside feel that these people represent us as a whole. Almost anyone who has posted anything negative only have a handful of posts to their name.

I'm not on Facebook, but I really hope someone will reach out to these guys and let them know it's not normally like this. I really do enjoy new voices and perspectives around here. I don't want people to be turned off by a couple of bad apples who will be long gone before you know it.

I promise, that's the last thing I'll say on the matter. It just really makes me mad is all...

are you serious?? The person's post who you blew up said it was 100% vitriolic comments about Cameron... is that true? Is it anywhere near close to true? I think the vitriol:support-that-knows-no-limits is at like 3:100, so once again.... grow some spines children

people you encounter in life will have differing opinions than you, show your support for the side you agree with, maybe try to explain with respect why you disagree with someone, move on

People here are not like they are at a sports website, this isn't cyber-bullying, this is people being critical and other people crying and threatening to call the cops, their mommy, or the teacher because of it. Let's all just breathe and go on with our lives like adults

• Like 2

Holy shit! I go and have a nice productive weekend, watch a shitty movie and have some corrections and ommissons and come back to this.

23q5jYx.gif

• Like 6

Regarding dongs, this

EjD9FPV.gif

is still nowhere near as homoerotic at Rocky 4

Q9mST8D.gif

vvw0GPk.gif

which is nowhere near as homoerotic as all-male shirtless jeans volleyball to the sultry sounds of Kenny Loggins singing "Playing With The Boys"

wYEhG9e.gif

So I think the PG dongs wasn't too hard to get away with, given the subtle narrative of this film.

Speaking of Teen Witch, perhaps LuLu took the bows from the Millers' staircase and affixed them to her person.

Holy shit! I go and have a nice productive weekend, watch a shitty movie and have some corrections and ommissons and come back to this.

23q5jYx.gif

Slightly connected to this, I listen to Stone Cold Steve Austin's podcast, and someone asked him about politics on a Q&A, and he said "I steer clear of all things political and religious and shit like that, because it's too divisive, so I don't want to say something, then having listeners turning on each other over something I said".

This kind of proved his point.

• Like 3

My additional Village Person would be:

bp5gMcu.gif

• Like 5

I would like to point out the "Be a Man" discussion back for Temptation. Everyone here had opinions about it, but we all spoke to each other like adults and with respect. In fact, I believe that's where Taylor Anne Photo and I first engaged with each other (on opposite sides) and now she's one of my favorite-est people on the boards.

giphy.gif

I think that has a lot to do with the fact that we both could see where each other was coming from but had such different life experiences that colored our opinions. Not to bring up the past but I just wanted to say since I never properly did a year and a half ago that I think June's use of that phrase was crossing the line and kinda undermined any argument she was trying to make in that episode and therefore I think put a cloud over the sexual harassment conversation.

Anyway this thread is still making me angry so I'm retreating to the shadows again :D

EDIT: WAIT! I can't retreat to the shadows without saying that YOU ARE ONE OF MY FAVORITE-EST PEOPLE TOO CAMERON H!

• Like 1

The crazy thing is, you could actually make the Village People with 80s and 90s WWF gimmicks

The Cop:

m1tGNExm_400x400.jpeg

The Native American:

lex11.jpg

The Army Guy:

sgt-slaughter-a.jpg

The Biker:

wwe1.jpg

The Cowboy

11m6q81.jpg

The Construction Worker

maxresdefault.jpg

There was another one that was labelled as "Nondescript"... so... here's Goldust

b574f0ad96goldust.jpg

• Like 10

Slightly connected to this, I listen to Stone Cold Steve Austin's podcast, and someone asked him about politics on a Q&A, and he said "I steer clear of all things political and religious and shit like that, because it's too divisive, so I don't want to say something, then having listeners turning on each other over something I said".

This kind of proved his point.

That's sort of like when Michael Jordan was asked what political party he votes for and his response was to say that he wasn't going to answer because "both Republicans and Democrats by my shoes" or something along those lines.

The crazy thing is... you could actually make the Village People with 80s and 90s WWF gimmicks

The Cop:

The Native American:

The Army Guy:

The Biker:

The Cowboy

The Construction Worker

Well the WWE might of went with a knockoff version as to avoid lawsuits.

So there lineup would include

a dentist:

tumblr_nauao3jcVn1t5kvnro1_250.jpg

a hockey player

The_Goon_-_Bill_Irwin_02.jpg

a trash man

duke.jpg

a plumber

hqdefault.jpg

a race car driver

08.jpg

• Like 5