🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 134 - Can't Stop the Music: LIVE!

was reading Glenn Hughes "the lathermans" bio on wikipedia

it says he really was a toll collector he was working at the Brooklyn-Battery Tunnel when he responded to an advertisement by composer Jacques Morali seeking "macho" singers and dancers.

• Like 2

You've forgotten the greatest pro wrestler of all time, The Ultimate Social Justice Warrior.

• Like 8

The only problem I actually had with this episode was the nomenclature south of the border of calling him Native American. From what I understand that is the self-identifying term in the US but it really made me cringe when they slipped and called him an Indian.

To be fair that's how he identifies his character within the band.

I just went to the Village People website (I feel like I've been to a lot of websites I never thought I would've in the last few days) and he is officially listed as the "Native American Indian" which is... confusing. But also means the various panelists calling him the "Native American" and the "Indian" are all technically correct.

I feel like I should be mention here that Felipe Rose, who still plays the character and is also the guy in the movie, is half-Lakota Sioux and half-Puerto Rican. So while the costume is over-the-top and could be offensive to some (the bells annoy me and Jason, for sure), but I also think he should be able to self identify as whatever he wants? Shrug.

It still would've been funny if he chose to be the Reindeer though.

• Like 1

I just went to the Village People website (I feel like I've been to a lot of websites I never thought I would've in the last few days) and he is officially listed as the "Native American Indian" which is... confusing. But also means the various panelists calling him the "Native American" and the "Indian" are all technically correct.

I feel like I should be mention here that Felipe Rose, who still plays the character and is also the guy in the movie, is half-Lakota Sioux and half-Puerto Rican. So while the costume is over-the-top and could be offensive to some (the bells annoy me and Jason, for sure), but I also think he should be able to self identify as whatever he wants? Shrug.

It still would've been funny if he chose to be the Reindeer though.

The group needs to screw with people by coming out for a show after switching their costumes around and seeing if anyone notices. I just imagine mass riots by confused people trying to understand what's happening.

• Like 1

You've forgotten the greatest pro wrestler of all time, The Ultimate Social Justice Warrior.

There was a guy in NXT whose gimmick was that of a Social Justice Warrior/Hippie Environmentalist

screen-shot-2014-06-13-at-11-44-40-am.png?w=650&h=408

The group needs to screw with people by coming out for a show after switching their costumes around and seeing if anyone notices. I just imagine mass riots by confused people trying to understand what's happening.

Or, better yet, they pull an 80s Kiss, say "It's time to ditch the gimmicks, we're just going to be ourselves, no costumes or characters, we're gonna let the music speak for itself".

People lost their shit when that happened.

There was a guy in NXT whose gimmick was that of a Social Justice Warrior/Hippie Environmentalist

screen-shot-2014-06-13-at-11-44-40-am.png?w=650&h=408

That guy is a Wrestlecrap induction waiting to happen, he sucked ass and CJ Parker could have made so much of that gimmick but just flopped.

Or, better yet, they pull an 80s Kiss, say "It's time to ditch the gimmicks, we're just going to be ourselves, no costumes or characters, we're gonna let the music speak for itself".

So then like Kiss the Village People would be using the gimmick again for their next concert/album after the switch?

That guy is a Wrestlecrap induction waiting to happen, he sucked ass and CJ Parker could have made so much of that gimmick but just flopped.

So then like Kiss the Village People would be using the gimmick again for their next concert/album after the switch?

Yeah, pretty much, although, it was 13 years with Kiss, I was surprised it was that long when I just looked.

And CJ Parker did suck, best thing he did in NXT was losing in about 8 seconds to Baron Corbin.

Yeah, pretty much, although, it was 13 years with Kiss, I was surprised it was that long when I just looked.

And CJ Parker did suck, best thing he did in NXT was losing in about 8 seconds to Baron Corbin.

Wow was it really that long with Kiss?

Yeah the Corbin debut was fantastic and Parker sold the finish well. Corbin is a great example of using what's given to him as a character, which is really nothing, and making the most of it, same for a guy like Enzo Amore who has become huge with a gimmick that was tired (guido/Long Islander) a couple years ago and completely making it his own.

You should listen to Enzo and Big Cass' appearances on Austin's podcast if you haven't, Enzo's story about getting to WWE is amazing to listen to.

Yesss...I love The Great Philouza sketch. "ALL YOU GIVE ME ARE DRUMMERS!"

Now excuse me while I go disappear into a Mr Show black hole on YouTube. First stop: Monsters of Megaphone.

Give "Law School" a watch, its interesting now due to the cast and subject matter of Better Call Saul. "Charles McCutchence vs Harrison Greely the 3rd" is also always great during an election season.

I also make sure to hit "Talkin bout the weather report" whenever I go on a streak of Mr Show stuff

• Like 2

I'll just leave this story here.

http://www.sun-senti...0418-story.html

"Rest assured that my client, a bodyguard who has made a career of interjecting himself into the lives of celebrities (including the Kardashians), and whose default IMDb photo is a picture of him with Bruce Jenner from the ESPYs, is in no way changing his name to draw attention to himself."

Give "Law School" a watch, its interesting now due to the cast and subject matter of Better Call Saul. "Charles McCutchence vs Harrison Greely the 3rd" is also always great during an election season.

I also make sure to hit "Talkin bout the weather report" whenever I go on a streak of Mr Show stuff

I love any of the sketches where it pits Bob vs David (like McCutchence/Greeley). The Fairsley/Gibbons Market ads are also excellent.

I'll just leave this story here.

http://www.sun-senti...0418-story.html

As a Texan, I'm glad Florida exists to make us look less crazy.

• Like 4

Kiss dropped the makeup the year I was born and didn't put it back on until I was around 16. And I was totally not cool with it. I was a huge fan of non-makeup Kiss.

Also, in 1981, the Village People did drop their workplace disco gimmicks in exchange for a new wave look and sound. It did not go over well:

tumblr_o1phbovvDM1u0oyxdo1_500.jpg

• Like 1

I am confident that, rather than relying upon decades of performing experience to tell them how to read an audience, and rather than continuing to book a guest who is both a professional comedian and their friend, Paul and Jason will heed the advice of a tiny contingent of anonymous Internet users whose first interaction with them is to badmouth said friend.

According to Soundcloud, 187,000 people have listened to this episode so far. Amongst all social media, maybe 100 people have complained to them about Cameron. You are statistically insignificant.

Hey everyone it got a lot of plays so it must be great, and every chart topper must be worth your time, and everyone with a shitload of money must be a great human being! Having even a hundred people take any time to connect or comment on anyone's bullshit online, let alone be fans of said bullshit, is a gift.

You're who exactly? You're not Paul, June, or Zouks. You're just Dan Engler, a random administrator on the forums where Earwolf audiences discuss the shows on the network. You don't have any speak on their behalf and you don't get to stipulate the value that any fan's opinion, whether you agree with it or not, has. Again, you are not the host of this program and these are not YOUR fans. You're just as insignificent in this equation.

187,000 people may have listened to it but that doesn't mean they necessarily all loved it, hated it, or were neutral to it. This thread and the other online places where these shows are discussed are proof to those differing and divisive thoughts. 187,000 people won't all reveal their thoughts either. The ones who did are significent. Being vocal is better than being silent.

• Like 4

You're who exactly? You're not Paul, June, or Zouks. You're just Dan Engler, a random administrator on the forums where Earwolf audiences discuss the shows on the network. You don't have any speak on their behalf and you don't get to stipulate the value that any fan's opinion, whether you agree with it or not, has. Again, you are not the host of this program and these are not YOUR fans. You're just as insignificent in this equation.

Exactly. The difference between me and those of you slinging shit is:

• I readily acknowledge that my opinion is insignificant, and I do not represent some sort of beleaguered silent majority.
  • I don't presume to tell professional comedians how to be funny.
  • I don't couch my opinion in invective about their guests/friends being "grating" "unfunny hags" whose very existence is "torture".

Being vocal is better than being silent.

Bzzzzt, wrong.

• Like 5

Hey guys, I just found out I'm going to have another boy!

Fuck all the negativity. Right now, I'm the happiest man on Earth!

StarTrek-DejaQ.gif

200.gif

tumblr_ln0bg24C681qfid54.gif

• Like 19

StarTrek-DejaQ.gif

200.gif

That's awesome man! Congratulations! I recently found out I'm going to be father too:)
  • Like 7

Congrats, Cameron H. you know life really is too short to get upset about people in message boards.

Steve-Guttenberg wanted you to have this, you have no idea how far he traveled to get that dr pepper to ya.

20k4t3a.jpg

That may or may not be from force awakens.

and the punk version of that

too.
  • Like 6

Kiss dropped the makeup the year I was born and didn't put it back on until I was around 16. And I was totally not cool with it. I was a huge fan of non-makeup Kiss.

Also, in 1981, the Village People did drop their workplace disco gimmicks in exchange for a new wave look and sound. It did not go over well:

tumblr_o1phbovvDM1u0oyxdo1_500.jpg

They look like the Sons of Anarchy, if "Anarchy" had weird, kinky sex with a Geisha.

• Like 3

That's awesome man! Congratulations! I recently found out I'm going to be father too:)

Hey, Cainnon, congrats right back at ya! It's seriously the best--molding those gullible little minds to your will.

Congrats, Cameron H. you know life really is too short to get upset about people in message boards.

Thanks, Jarry! Trust me--I'm not as upset as you might think. These people don't effect my life one stitch. People who disagree with me, but are polite, I'm totally cool with. Anyone who's been an ass, regardless of their position, are like a fart on a windy day--all bluster, no bite.

• Like 2

StarTrek-DejaQ.gif

200.gif

AH! Cameron! That is so amazing!! Congratulations!!!!

And to you too Cainnon! Babies for everyone!

tumblr_inline_n1jno3JdUD1rekiz1.gif

hug-gif-lio.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 5

AH! Cameron! That is so amazing!! Congratulations!!!!

And to you too Cainnon! Babies for everyone!

tumblr_inline_n1jno3JdUD1rekiz1.gif

hug-gif-lio.gif

giphy.gif

Everybody look under your chairs....

You Get a Baby!!! You Get a Baby!!! Everyone gets a brand new, fully loaded BABY!!!!

oprahgif.gif

Thanks, Taylor Anne :)

• Like 3