Jump to content
Snake

Top 5 movies for you personnally that they have not done yet

Recommended Posts

1. Simon Sez with Dennis Rodman and young Dane Cook - absolute insanity

2. Dragon Wars (or D-Wars) - have Craig Robinson as the guest - crazy Korean film in English that is impossible to understand

3. A Sound of Thunder - took a great Ray Bradbury story and botched it completely 

4. Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever - Still 0% on Rotten Tomatoes - makes minimal sense and is wild

5. Dungeons & Dragons - come on now, this is sooooo awful and I'm not even that familiar with the source material. The Wayans character Snails is so incredibly racist in his character's depiction.

Honorable Mentions:

Soul Man - a full movie about blackface?!?
Street Fighter - Legend of Chun-Li - how are they so bad at making Street Fighter movies? Chris Klein?!?
Jonah Hex - woof what were they trying to do here, poor Josh Brolin and Fassbender

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

1. The Iron Petticoat.  1956 “comedy” starring Bob Hope and Katharine Hepburn.  Possibly the most miscast movie ever.

2. David Lynch’s Dune.  I can’t believe they haven’t done this one yet.

3. Star Trek V: the Final Frontier.  Again, how have they not done this one?

4. The Sorcerer’s Apprentice.  Nic Cage, Nick Cage-ing it up.

5. Gone in Sixty Seconds.  More Nic Cage Nic Cage-ing.

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/20/2020 at 11:01 AM, CNU2007 said:

1. Simon Sez with Dennis Rodman and young Dane Cook - absolute insanity

2. Dragon Wars (or D-Wars) - have Craig Robinson as the guest - crazy Korean film in English that is impossible to understand

3. A Sound of Thunder - took a great Ray Bradbury story and botched it completely 

4. Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever - Still 0% on Rotten Tomatoes - makes minimal sense and is wild

5. Dungeons & Dragons - come on now, this is sooooo awful and I'm not even that familiar with the source material. The Wayans character Snails is so incredibly racist in his character's depiction.

Honorable Mentions:

Soul Man - a full movie about blackface?!?
Street Fighter - Legend of Chun-Li - how are they so bad at making Street Fighter movies? Chris Klein?!?
Jonah Hex - woof what were they trying to do here, poor Josh Brolin and Fassbender

I will amend my list since A Sound of Thunder will be covered!!

After some thought I have decided to include Uwe Boll's Alone in the Dark. I overlooked that one somehow when I initially made the list. I apologize for this grievous oversight!

Share this post


Link to post

Maybe Space Jam has opened the door for more animated fare? 

Try these on for HDTGM size...

91TpG-ZtPBL._AC_SY445_.jpg 

51QA4jBLU6L.jpg 

Foodfight!_DVD_cover.jpg 

71x+HBDB4AL._AC_SY741_.jpg 

51YC6bkoN7L.jpg 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I'm afraid Foodfight! would break them. I don't think June in particular would make it through it.

A Sound of Thunder enrages me. The moment i saw they were covering it, i had to see it again. I couldn't help myself. Just finished it, and i can't go to sleep now, i'm... i'm really angry.

Stupid effing fillum 🤯

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post

1. Showgirls - It's time. And if it's not, Exit To Eden.

2. Waterworld or The Postman - Either one of these Kevin Costner's bloated, self-important apocalypse circle jerk series.

3. Plan 9 From Outer Space - Because it pretty much started this whole "so bad it's good" cinematic trend. Also, it would be the oldest movie on the podcast.

4. Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever - What the hell do any of these words even mean?

5. The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen - Give Alan Moore yet another reason to hate everything.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/21/2013 at 9:10 PM, RyanSz said:

1. Con Air & Face/Off - Solely for a Nic Cage fix. I would love to see them do a double feature live show of these two like they did for Stallone's Demolition Man and Over the Top.

 

2. Dreamcatcher - From shit weasels to Donnie Wahlberg going full tard, this movie is insane.

 

3. Southland Tales - This could easily be the first HDTGM episode that is 2 hrs long.

 

4. No Hold Barred or Ready to Rumble - The fact that these movies try to make wrestling seem real but fail even to do that. Plus the whole history behind Rumble is enough to fill a 90 minute episode.

 

5. Daredevil - Blind Ben Affleck, enough said.

So considering a good portion of my list has been done by the show since I wrote it, including the double live show for Con Air and Face/Off, I have updated my list accordingly.

1. Southland Tales - cars fucking in a commercial and random song and dance numbers

2. Last Action Hero - a lot of potential especially considering how well the movie has aged since its release

3. The Happening - Marky Mark fights the air

4. The Wizard - a 90 minute Nintendo commercial with Fred Savage

5. Ready to Rumble - the reason that David Arquette is officially known as a former World Heavyweight Champion

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, RyanSz said:

4. The Wizard - a 90 minute Nintendo commercial with Fred Savage

I was talking about this with a friend of mine yesterday. As a big fan of the NES, this movie is so unbelievably inaccurate. You'd think a movie that's a commercial for SMB3, they'd actually showcase it accurately.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, RyanSz said:

1. Southland Tales - cars fucking in a commercial and random song and dance numbers

I saw this movie in the theater and have tried to watch it since because I am such a Donnie Darko fan. The sheer length of it is brutal (closing in on three hours) for a sometimes fascinatingly incoherent film (there are parts of Donnie Darko that also flirt with similar weird-for-weird’s sake stuff, but somehow that film’s Blending of the surreal and it’s portrait of mental illness was really effective for me. This film, it’s just a fucking mess) Still, I’ll take it over The Box.

Oh, and the same guy—whose name I’m blanking on and am too lazy to look up—also wrote Domini, whicc was a hot flaming mess.

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, RyanSz said:

3. The Happening - Marky Mark fights the air

There’s a tracking shot over blowing grass that’s meant to imply that the air is chasing them. Mark sees it and yells RUN!!! They would be dead. It is hilarious!

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, grudlian. said:

I was talking about this with a friend of mine yesterday. As a big fan of the NES, this movie is so unbelievably inaccurate. You'd think a movie that's a commercial for SMB3, they'd actually showcase it accurately.

Yeah the whole thing of the Wizard was it was a commercial for Nintendo and all it's remembered for is that line about the Power Glove and how ironic it is now: "it's so bad," and the fact that it followed a trend in Hollywood of person on the spectrum being a savant in some niche activity. There is even some fucked up ideas with the bounty hunter who specializes in chasing kids, the way the kids escape in a casino from said hunter is for the girl to scream that he groped her, and that the stepdad who hired the dude basically tells Fred Savage's dad and mom, now that guy's wife, that he is only hiring the hunter to catch the savant and that Fred Savage can basically get killed by cannibals for all he cares.

7 hours ago, GrahamS. said:

I saw this movie in the theater and have tried to watch it since because I am such a Donnie Darko fan. The sheer length of it is brutal (closing in on three hours) for a sometimes fascinatingly incoherent film (there are parts of Donnie Darko that also flirt with similar weird-for-weird’s sake stuff, but somehow that film’s Blending of the surreal and it’s portrait of mental illness was really effective for me. This film, it’s just a fucking mess) Still, I’ll take it over The Box.

Oh, and the same guy—whose name I’m blanking on and am too lazy to look up—also wrote Domini, whicc was a hot flaming mess.

It was Richard Kelly who I give props to for trying to make a multi-media experience for the film by having the first half of it's over arching story be a graphic novel. Unfortunately that wasn't promoted so well and if I recall came out after the movie flopped so no one really gave a shit about it, though it does set up what is shown in the movie rather well, though it doesn't help the movie's overall quality. And considering that the organizers of Cannes somehow loved the DVD screener sent to them that they put the movie up for their top prize, prior to the uncut version being torn to shreds by critics, makes me wonder what else could have been cut in order for the final product to be released.

7 hours ago, GrahamS. said:

There’s a tracking shot over blowing grass that’s meant to imply that the air is chasing them. Mark sees it and yells RUN!!! They would be dead. It is hilarious!

And still with that scene, it's still not the most batshit moment of that whole movie.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/22/2020 at 7:47 AM, grudlian. said:

I was talking about this with a friend of mine yesterday. As a big fan of the NES, this movie is so unbelievably inaccurate. You'd think a movie that's a commercial for SMB3, they'd actually showcase it accurately.

At one point the kid uses a warp whistle and that somehow boosts his score, but warps don't actually add points in the game.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, sycasey 2.0 said:

At one point the kid uses a warp whistle and that somehow boosts his score, but warps don't actually add points in the game.

I'm guessing it was something made solely for a competition version of the game, as during the various tournaments like this in the early 90s and even now with various E-Sport leagues they have to include other ways for points to be doled out outside of who won the match. I know for the things like the Fortnite Pro-Am or charity events that use it, they give out points based on how high you placed in a match so if you suck ass one round it doesn't completely eliminate you from contention. So with the whistle, while it only warps your character forward levels, all the player would be doing in a competition is playing a much harder level for the same points his opponents are playing for at easier levels, so giving a point bonus for taking that chance with the whistle can either big a big bonus for a kid if they're also good at the harder levels, or can at least bolster their score if they are struggling on the harder levels they went to so they still have a chance at winning the match.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/21/2020 at 4:35 PM, RyanSz said:

3. The Happening - Marky Mark fights the air

I was originally going to add Lady in the Water as my pick for a bad M. Night film and—while searching the site to see if it had been talked about—found The Happening being discussed on a mini-episode thread. Apparently, back in 2012, fans really pushed for them to do The Happening but it apparently wasn’t going to happen because June was on The New Girl with Zooey Deschanel. So who knows if they’ll ever do The Happening—although in a just world, they should.

I still submit Lady in the Water.

I also thought The Visit was bad. Any movie that features a rapping white child—not once, but twice!!!—is bad.

Share this post


Link to post

Holy shit, The Village!!! How have they not done The Village yet?

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, RyanSz said:

I'm guessing it was something made solely for a competition version of the game, as during the various tournaments like this in the early 90s and even now with various E-Sport leagues they have to include other ways for points to be doled out outside of who won the match. I know for the things like the Fortnite Pro-Am or charity events that use it, they give out points based on how high you placed in a match so if you suck ass one round it doesn't completely eliminate you from contention. So with the whistle, while it only warps your character forward levels, all the player would be doing in a competition is playing a much harder level for the same points his opponents are playing for at easier levels, so giving a point bonus for taking that chance with the whistle can either big a big bonus for a kid if they're also good at the harder levels, or can at least bolster their score if they are struggling on the harder levels they went to so they still have a chance at winning the match.

Hmm, that would make sense. How Fred Savage knew from the crowd that the whistle led to a warp zone (when no one has seen SMB3 before) is another question.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, GrahamS. said:

I was originally going to add Lady in the Water as my pick for a bad M. Night film and—while searching the site to see if it had been talked about—found The Happening being discussed on a mini-episode thread. Apparently, back in 2012, fans really pushed for them to do The Happening but it apparently wasn’t going to happen because June was on The New Girl with Zooey Deschanel. So who knows if they’ll ever do The Happening—although in a just world, they should.

I still submit Lady in the Water. 

I also thought The Visit was bad. Any movie that features a rapping white child—not once, but twice!!!—is bad.

Yeah that was the reason most came to for the movie not being touched and for other times where episodes were pulled for a time (The Smurfs was gone for a bit as the female lead of the movie was on The League for quite a few episodes after the podcast had come out). Fingers are crossed though that it can now happen as New Girl is over and in recent years they've had people on the show after they have been roasted on the podcast, Charlize Theron being the biggest example.

2 hours ago, sycasey 2.0 said:

Hmm, that would make sense. How Fred Savage knew from the crowd that the whistle led to a warp zone (when no one has seen SMB3 before) is another question.

That there is the JFK level conspiracy that needs to be cracked.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/29/2020 at 7:42 PM, RyanSz said:

I'm guessing it was something made solely for a competition version of the game, as during the various tournaments like this in the early 90s and even now with various E-Sport leagues they have to include other ways for points to be doled out outside of who won the match. I know for the things like the Fortnite Pro-Am or charity events that use it, they give out points based on how high you placed in a match so if you suck ass one round it doesn't completely eliminate you from contention. So with the whistle, while it only warps your character forward levels, all the player would be doing in a competition is playing a much harder level for the same points his opponents are playing for at easier levels, so giving a point bonus for taking that chance with the whistle can either big a big bonus for a kid if they're also good at the harder levels, or can at least bolster their score if they are struggling on the harder levels they went to so they still have a chance at winning the match.

When Nintendo actually held the Nintendo World Championship in 1990, they did slightly modify the games slightly. Competitors played Tetris, Rad Racer and Super Mario Bros. The games themselves aren't modified but they switched once you finished your goal for that particular game. They used a special cartridge with those three games (incidentally, if you have one, please give it to me because they are worth tens of thousands of dollars).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah there was a wired article about a decade ago where a guy was buying up those cartridges because Nintendo Power would actually list full names and hometowns of participants, which is insane in of itself, who had received the cartridges as a consolation prize to not winning the top prize of a savings bond. 1990 Geo Metro (which was odd since the majority of competitors were under the age of 16), 40" TV, and gold Mario trophy.  Most of the people he bought them off of had no idea how valuable the item was and were surely pissed when they saw how much profit he was making with them. There is a rare gold cartridge being sold on Ebay at the moment for a reasonable million dollars or a grey version for 150k, both sealed and rated so they are legit.

Also if you wanna see the nutty documentary about the lengths some people go to for the ultimate collection of video games, watch Nintendo Quest. It's about a guy who sets a mission to basically buy a copy of every single game released for the NES in the United States, just under 700 games, in under 30 days. It's an interesting look at retro collectors and their fandom but when you crunch the numbers you realize the amount of money this guy had to be spending to do such a task, especially as he can't make any game purchases online, which isn't covered in the film which I felt was its biggest issue. It's free on Prime and is a must watch for lovers of the 8-bit era and Nintendo in general.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, RyanSz said:

Yeah there was a wired article about a decade ago where a guy was buying up those cartridges because Nintendo Power would actually list full names and hometowns of participants, which is insane in of itself, who had received the cartridges as a consolation prize to not winning the top prize of a savings bond. 1990 Geo Metro (which was odd since the majority of competitors were under the age of 16), 40" TV, and gold Mario trophy.  Most of the people he bought them off of had no idea how valuable the item was and were surely pissed when they saw how much profit he was making with them. There is a rare gold cartridge being sold on Ebay at the moment for a reasonable million dollars or a grey version for 150k, both sealed and rated so they are legit.

Also if you wanna see the nutty documentary about the lengths some people go to for the ultimate collection of video games, watch Nintendo Quest. It's about a guy who sets a mission to basically buy a copy of every single game released for the NES in the United States, just under 700 games, in under 30 days. It's an interesting look at retro collectors and their fandom but when you crunch the numbers you realize the amount of money this guy had to be spending to do such a task, especially as he can't make any game purchases online, which isn't covered in the film which I felt was its biggest issue. It's free on Prime and is a must watch for lovers of the 8-bit era and Nintendo in general.

To my knowledge, every NWC cartridge owner was known and documented before 10 years ago in the NES collecting community. Maybe not quite every cartridge but damn near. I believe some are lost to time because the person sold/lost it before they got crazy valuable. I know that you could post a picture of one and people could identify its owner based purely on the condition of it.

I came relatively close to buying one around 2004 when they were around $2000. It was on ebay and I even messaged the seller saying that I could give him $1500 immediately but it would take to my next paycheck for the rest. He wouldn't do it because he needed the cash. I wish I had asked some friends or parents for money because I'd definitely sell it for a massive profit.

I'm currently 44 games away from a complete collection (including unlicensed games) but I've definitely given up on that. The most expensive games used to be a couple hundred dollars. Now a few of the noteworthy titles are a grand easy. I have a few but I was lucky enough to get them cheap back when they were just hard to find not stupidly expensive. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, grudlian. said:

To my knowledge, every NWC cartridge owner was known and documented before 10 years ago in the NES collecting community. Maybe not quite every cartridge but damn near. I believe some are lost to time because the person sold/lost it before they got crazy valuable. I know that you could post a picture of one and people could identify its owner based purely on the condition of it. 

I came relatively close to buying one around 2004 when they were around $2000. It was on ebay and I even messaged the seller saying that I could give him $1500 immediately but it would take to my next paycheck for the rest. He wouldn't do it because he needed the cash. I wish I had asked some friends or parents for money because I'd definitely sell it for a massive profit.

Yeah the most I've spent on an auction was just under 500 for an art book based on the works of Stephen King called Knowing Darkness, and if I ever needed to I've kept it in such great condition that I could sell it for three times what I paid for it. Outside of that I've never gone insane with a collectible, most I will usually pay at Comic Con is 200 for something but it has to be something rare and it would be perfect for my collection, like I tried to do last year with the final issue of Walking Dead that was bricked and signed by the creators of it, but it was sold out by the time I got to the publisher's booth. There are things like certain Mondo posters that I have looked up to see if they're on auction but I can't see myself paying over 1000%+ markup on an item that was originally $50-75 dollars.

Share this post


Link to post

The Hugga Bunch Movie. This was a favorite toy of mine, and the movie, I remember, as being awesome, and extremely depressing. And a little scary, but I was four years old at the time. You can see it on YouTube. 

Did You Hear About the Morgans

Watchmen (I could not stand the time I wasted on that movie)

I will have to think about the last one...

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×