🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 88 — Neil Campbell, Our Close Employee

do u guys think jet fuel can melt steel beams ?

Might as well see who's gonna I should align myself with right away

Save some of these for the next Popcorn Gallery. I see talent here.

• Like 14

What'd you think of the hangout, Hayes?

Don't even try to pretend like you didn't watch the whole thing from start to finish. We both know you did.

• Like 9

So apprently Barack Obamacare is gonna be the guest on WTF with Marc Macaroni this week. You guys think he'll swing by Hollywood Handbook as well? After he makes a stop at the Serial studios, that is.

• Like 8

So apprently Barack Obamacare is gonna be the guest on WTF with Marc Macaroni this week. You guys think he'll swing by Hollywood Handbook as well? After he makes a stop at the Serial studios, that is.

I just fear that Barak might have his heart broken. Sean and Hayes are very busy (show busy [nice, good one]) guys.

• Like 3

It'd be great if our boys hosted a live, televised "Speak On That" debate with all the Republican candidates. We, as "The Popcorn Gallery", could also grill them.

Although it would probably go on for hours considering all the candidates.1

1. BOOM!! Bet you didn't know I have stinging political commentary up my sleeve.

• Like 5

Really good episode. It's impossible to have a favourite with this podcast.

• Like 1

I can get political too. I have a whole run of Obama jokes.

Obama so fat when he sits around the house he sits around the house.

Obama so fat he sat on a rainbow and Skittles popped out.

Obama so dumb he got a ladder so he could get to high school.

• Like 13

do u guys think jet fuel can melt steel beams ?

Might as well see who's gonna I should align myself with right away

This is a 100% true story.

I am in the process of trying to buy a home and recently had a place inspected.

We are in the garage and there is a steel beam running across the roof.

Inspector guy says we need to clad it with wood because even though steel is really strong if the car were to catch on fire it would melt.

He gives me a rather pointed look and says, "JUST LIKE THE TWIN TOWERS IN NYC".

So yeah, I do think jet fuel can melt steel beams because apparently a car fire can.

• Like 19

Somewhat related story, I went into a guitar shop the other day and asked if they had this goop you put on the nut of your guitar to help the strings stay in tune.

"That stuff doesn't work. We don't have it in stock."

"Oh, really? I was reading online, and there's a ton of people who swear-"

"And there's a ton of people who swear 9/11 was an inside job! There's all kinds of theories on the internet"

So the moral of the story is, believing an overwhelmingly popular opinion on how to keep your guitar strings in tune aligns you with 9/11 conspiracy theorists.

• Like 11

Congrats Steve! What job you do?

I'll be helping evil pharmaceutical companies do evil things. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy you guys. You made me an evil villain in all of the forum fan fic and I started to think "you know what? maybe I really am evil. what kind of job would suit a villain like me? big pharma baby!" and here we are..

• Like 5

Sorry, it looks like you got lost in the shuffle. I'm too lazy to go back and find your first post but I'm sure it was great...and this second post? Hooo baby, I love it! Way to go!

Lotta shuffle in this deck. Totes cool, Joe. Thanks for making days.

• Like 2

I bet president Obama would make a sweet basket ball video with Hayes and Sean if it was a viral video. Imagine a 3 on 3 game when S&H and Barry Obama play on a team against Kim Jong Un, the ghost of Osama Bin Laden, and Andrew Ti. They play for the fate of America. Lots of quick cuts of Obama dunking on evil guys. Sean doing a hooky shot, and Hayes draining 3 pointers because he's got that long game on lock. At the end the good guys share a ciggy and high five.

Oh, and by the way Jimmy Fallon is playing the ghost of Bin Laden and he's constantly breaking character.

Feel free to use this scenario guys.

• Like 7

Hayes strikes me as more of a post player tbh.

I actually heard he was working with hakeem Olajuwon last summer on his post moves

• Like 4

just trying something...

didnt work

Anyway...has anyone heard of this band Hop Along? They're really good and the singer is a lady and she has a crazy voice that is awesome but makes me concerned for her throat health at the same time. I think they are from PA, so maybe A Bear knows them.

Are they emo though? I'm not supposed to like emotional music because I'm in my 30s.

Edited by SteveH
  • Like 3

Looking forward to hearing how Obama's meeting with Lorne went on WTF, but what I'm really excited about is his appearance on You Made It Weird. Can't wait for him to tell us when he lost his virginity and what's going on in his lizard brain

• Like 16

Looking forward to hearing how Obama's meeting with Lorne went on WTF, but what I'm really excited about is his appearance on You Made It Weird. Can't wait for him to tell us when he lost his virginity and what's going on in his lizard brain

Sorry for posting so much..BUT i assumed this was a joke and then I saw on social medias that Obama is actually going to be on WTF. WTF? AND they're doing (or did) the interview in the garage?

I'm sure this will be cool, but he really should have gone on HH. Should we submit popcorn gallery questions for Barry O just in case?

• Like 3

Chefszki, we were probably sitting right behind you. We were in the first row of seats. Did you see us? I look like a sack of flour with long curly hair. I was with Andy, Agata, Marshall Mellow, and Asteck. Next time we all gotta wear roses in our lapels or something. I was really hoping to meet some new forumers last night.

I looked for familiar faces but didn't recognize anyone and its harder than I thought to remember what people look like based on their forum avatar. Doesn't help that I got to the theater after half the line had been let in. Oh well, the show was very good and if this isn't incentive enough to do more live shows I don't know what is...

• Like 4

Sorry for posting so much..BUT i assumed this was a joke and then I saw on social medias that Obama is actually going to be on WTF. WTF? AND they're doing (or did) the interview in the garage?

I'm sure this will be cool, but he really should have gone on HH. Should we submit popcorn gallery questions for Barry O just in case?

I also apologize for posting so much but the west coast posters are still in bed so it it up to us to pick up the slack.

I didn't vote for Obama so that he would appear on a second rate podcast like WTF. Excuse me for cursing but "WTF" is he thinking?

• Like 12

I hope the President talks about how the new Ratatat is good for dancing

• Like 6

Any of you guys seen the season finale of Silicon Valley?

Fuckin crazy, right!?!?!

• Like 6

I hope the President talks about how the new Ratatat is good for dancing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7wkRET0hbo

I hope he talks about how Ratatat is still amazing and keeps getting better.

PS - Now I'm binge-listening to Ratatat. So thanks for that.

• Like 3

Steve, as a big pharma overlord, I only hope that you can do something to make boner pills cheaper and more easily available for all the poor guys out there who need them. Not me, obviously, but I know a lot of people who can't afford boner pills, or who can't deal with the 7-day waiting period.

For me? I hope you can speed production on the long-rumored boner reducing pill. I don't have high hopes though, because they don't like to sink R&D money into a drug that is needed by so few people.

• Like 14

I feel you, Spunky. Just once I'd like to walk by a counter sideways without knocking everything off.

• Like 14